What is the "dolbyDAX2API" process?

Hello,

everything is in the title. The only detail is that I want to know what this process is for and where it comes from since it is consuming 20% of the CPU... consistently. Once stopped, it tends to come back from time to time; otherwise, it is there at startup.

I am on Windows 10, and the problem started occurring after a (forced...) OS update.

Does anyone know where it comes from and how to fix the issue?

2 answers

  1. Thank you very much, indeed I have a basic Dolby program installed, but I didn't have this problem before the update, and why is it using 20% of the CPU when I don't have any sound running?
    0
    1. Moderator
      Hi,

      Audio Application.

      File size: 140 KB (143,360 bytes)
      Product version: 0.4.0.20
      Copyright: © 2015 Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
      Original file name: DolbyDAX2API.exe
      File type: Executable application (Win64 EXE)
      Language: Language Neutral
      Common path: C:\Program Files\dolby\dolby dax2\dax2_api\dolbydax2api.exe

      Display name: Dolby DAX2 API Service
      Service name: DAX2API
      Description: Dolby DAX2 API Service is used by Dolby DAX2 applications to control Dolby Audio components in the system.
      Type: Win32OwnProcess, InteractiveProcess


      https://www.herdprotect.com/dolbydax2api.exe-84ab85f7d45baaf38d03aa608e5e9de6b27bc5c8.aspx

      --
      Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
      0