How to convert pixels to mm?

Hello,
I am working on an image correlation software, it gives the deformation in pixels.
Please, how can I convert it to mm?
Thank you.

2 answers

  1. Is it the parameters of these little squares that we call resolution?
    Because I am working with a grid that I draw and the step of this grid is 10*10 pixels
    Does this mean that my resolution is 100 pixels?
    0
    1. Moderator
      Resolution is the number of pixels per square inch or per square centimeter.

      It is often given in dpi.
      0
    2. Moderator
      Oops, the idiot.

      Yes, it's indeed based on distance per unit.

      I don't know what was going through my mind.
      0
  2. Moderator
    Hello

    To calculate that, you also need to know the resolution of the image.

    --
    Light a fire for someone and they'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    -Terry Pratchett-
    0