Installation issue with FrameWork 4 on Vista

Hello,

I have an installation problem with framework 4 on Vista.

I downloaded it from the website, started the installation, it downloads the components perfectly but during their installation the progress bar doesn’t move (even after 3 hours and 30 minutes of waiting).

I’m reaching out for help because I’ve done some operations described in forums but nothing resolves my problem.

Thank you in advance.

28 answers

  1. To be able to use all the functions of your PC and see all the rights, you must be the administrator of the PC.

    Personally, I think you should reinstall your system, you might have damaged files on the system which prevent it from working properly.
    And then Vista has always been a faulty system with many problems since its launch.

    --
    Who loves instruction! finds knowledge that comes from reflection!
    PS. Frequently create a restore point! it solves a lot of problems.
    0
    1. Hello

      See this.
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509997/en

      Regarding this, I tried the first 7 methods and nothing works for the following ones, it asks me to be in user mode and yet I only have one session (and I am the user).

      Now I have a small logo on the shutdown button of the PC (start shutdown) the logo indicates there are updates, when I click on it the PC shuts down Windows and displays 119 updates but it turns off directly without even performing the updates.
      0
      1. Contributor
        Re,

        @ aresta

        You should use the precise terms that apply to your account.
        Read the following to enlighten yourself...

        What is a user account?

        A user account is a set of information that tells Windows the rights and access permissions a person has on a computer. The user account records the username, password, and a unique number that identifies this account.

        What is a standard user account?

        A standard user account allows a user to use most of the computer's features, but it requires them to request permission from an administrator to make changes that affect other users or the security of the computer. With a standard account, you can use almost all programs installed on the computer, but you cannot install or uninstall software and hardware, delete files necessary for the operation of the computer, or modify settings that affect other users. Furthermore, some programs may ask you to provide an administrator password to perform certain tasks.

        What is an administrator account?

        An administrator account is a user account that allows changes that affect other users. Administrators can modify security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. They are also authorized to modify other user accounts.
        When you set up Windows, you are required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to configure the computer and install any desired programs. Once the computer is set up, we recommend using a standard user account for your daily operations. To maintain security, it is best to use a standard user account instead of an administrator account.


        Source: Windows Help and Support on my Dell (Windows Vista).
        0
    2. Alright, thank you! I will try to do that this weekend =)
      0
      1. Hello

        Sorry for the late reply

        Regarding FrameWork4, it works and the Windows updates (Vista) are updating too

        However, I still have about a hundred updates that are not working with the same error code

        That's it
        0
        1. Contributor
          Re,

          It's strange.
          I end up wondering if you might be infected...
          0
      2. Do you have the DVD of your Vista?
        Because you might have damaged files on your system.

        --
        Who loves instruction! Find the knowledge that comes from reflection!
        PS. Often create a restore point! It solves quite a few problems.
        0
        1. For Dial a Fix, when launching, I get an error message saying it's not meant for Vista
          And for framework 4, it installed itself during the update (it's one of the few updates that got installed).
          0
          1. Are you sure about automatic updating?
            Have you tried using Dial-a-fix?
            Do not try to install .NET Framework 4 right now.

            --
            Who loves instruction! finds knowledge that comes from reflection!
            PS. Frequently create a restore point! It solves quite a few problems.
            0
            1. regarding the error:
              Code 80070057
              Windows update encountered an unknown error
              0
              1. Good

                I successfully renamed the folder and then opened the update through "all programs".

                I had quite a few updates to do, so I started all these updates.

                111 updates could not be installed: I looked into it, and it mainly concerns FW 3.5 SP1 and Windows Vista security updates.
                0
                1. Hello

                  I have a small problem:

                  Access denied when trying to rename the folder.
                  0
                  1. Try this.

                    1 - Start > right-click on Computer > Manage

                    In the left window at the bottom, select "Services and Applications" then "Services" > at the very bottom of the services list, stop "Windows Update"

                    2 - Start > Computer > Windows Find the folder "SoftwareDistribution" and rename it by adding a number, for example, SoftwareDistribution1

                    Go back to Services and restart "Windows Update" which will recreate a new clean Software Distribution folder

                    3 - Start > All Programs > Windows Update

                    --
                    Who loves instruction! finds knowledge that comes from reflection!
                    PS. Frequently create a restore point! it solves quite a few problems.
                    0
                    1. So when I click on the Windows Update icon, a window appears and opens normally.
                      The problem is that this window stays white, let me explain:
                      The window opens, but nothing appears. I had to wait 15 good minutes and when I clicked with my mouse, the window froze, meaning nothing is still shown, and I can't minimize it, close it, or click on previous; it's a frozen window.

                      Both update pages are open on the desktop (open but frozen). They are there but useless since I can't do anything with them, and that's why I wanted to close them.
                      0
                      1. Contributor
                        So...
                        1.
                        Windows Update appears in your Control Panel
                        2.
                        When I click on it to open, the page opens but remains blank and freezes.
                        I can't go any further and can't close the page afterwards.

                        You don't have to close the page!
                        3.
                        Besides, 2 update pages are still open and I can't close them
                        Where are these 2 pages open???
                        - Why do you want to close these 2 update pages?
                        - Would you like to close them after doing what?

                        The superiority of IQ does not compensate for the mediocrity of the heart
                        0
                        1. Yes, it appears but the problem is that I can't access it.

                          When I click on it to open, the page opens but remains blank and gets stuck.
                          I can't go any further and remove the page afterwards.

                          Besides, 2 update pages are still open and I can't close them anymore.
                          0
                          1. Contributor
                            Thank you tribun!
                            :)

                            @ aresta
                            Does Windows Update appear in your Control Panel?
                            If so, how is it configured?

                            See you later

                            The superiority of IQ does not compensate for the mediocrity of the heart
                            0
                            1. I now have installed

                              Microsoft Net FrameWork 1.1
                              Microsoft Net FrameWork 1.1 Hotfix (KB929729)
                              Microsoft Net FrameWork 3.5
                              0
                              1. So yes, normally I update but it's true that it's been quite a while since the automatic updates have started.

                                I just installed both SPs.

                                I am currently on Vista SP2.
                                0
                                1. Hello
                                  Go to the control panel and under System, see what is installed on your PC. Vista and check if a pack is installed Vista (SP1).

                                  If SP1 is not installed, you cannot install Vista SP2.

                                  But do you update through Windows Update, because normally if your Vista is official, it should have been offered to you by Windows Update.

                                  For the Net Framework, it's the same; if you only have Net Framework 1, you need to install 2 & 3 - 3.5 before wanting to install NFW 4.0, which may not be compatible with Vista.
                                  You need to do some research to find out.
                                  First, update Vista. We'll see later.

                                  Who loves instruction! Find the knowledge that comes from reflection!
                                  P.S. Frequently create a restore point! It solves many problems.
                                  0
                                  • 1
                                  • 2