Windows Mail-Vista
Solved
Hello,
I recently got a Packard Bell IMEDIA 9668, with Vista Premium pre-installed. Outlook Express has turned into Windows Mail. For the past 48 hours, I have been unable to delete two messages. Explanation: when I click on the message to delete, this appears in the message reading area: The message could not be displayed. Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Okay. Another attempt: right-click on the message, then click on delete, and this appears: An unknown error has occurred. The same phenomenon happens when using the red cross to delete!!!
My question is obvious, what to do to resolve this malfunction?
Thank you very much in advance.
I recently got a Packard Bell IMEDIA 9668, with Vista Premium pre-installed. Outlook Express has turned into Windows Mail. For the past 48 hours, I have been unable to delete two messages. Explanation: when I click on the message to delete, this appears in the message reading area: The message could not be displayed. Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Okay. Another attempt: right-click on the message, then click on delete, and this appears: An unknown error has occurred. The same phenomenon happens when using the red cross to delete!!!
My question is obvious, what to do to resolve this malfunction?
Thank you very much in advance.
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
122 answers
-
I had the same issue with messages clogging the outbox without the possibility of sending them. I tried to delete the outbox folder from the hard drive but to no avail.
After a few attempts, here's how I managed to get rid of the problem:
- First, you need to know where your messages are stored by Windows (not so simple). To do this, open Windows Mail, then go to Tools, then Options, then Advanced, then Maintenance, then Storage Folder. There, Windows will tell you where the messages are stored (usually something like C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail, where Users may also be named Utilisateurs when you open your Windows Explorer).
- Next, in Windows Mail, back up your messages (since I will delete them in the next phase). To do this, in Windows Mail, go to File, Export, Messages, and follow the simple instructions (select the outbox, inbox, and any other folders if you have created them, and save them to a folder on your desktop, for example).
- Close Windows Mail.
- Then open your Windows Explorer (or whatever it is called now since it's not named that under Vista) and go to the message storage folder (see step 1) and delete everything in there (except the Stationery folder): inbox, outbox, various files... the bug coming from one of them, but I couldn't say which. In any case, it's risk-free, my problem was resolved, and I just had to reopen Windows Mail, import the messages I had exported (see step 2), and recreate my account.-
-
Hello,
I explored the forums thoroughly to solve a problem with unreadable or undeletable messages. I downloaded a Microsoft patch supposed to fix the bug. Nothing worked until I stumbled upon your method, which superbly resolved the issue. The difficulty lies in finding that damn folder; after that, it’s smooth sailing.
In the end, I still had to recreate the email accounts, but that's simple.
Bravo and thank you; after reading tons of useless tricks, I was starting to lose hope.
It’s actually my neighbor's laptop that had the issue. She is happy, and so am I.
Best regards.
GM -
-
-
-
-
I have 137 blocked unread messages.
-
Thank you, I think it's working. Otherwise, I'll come back to ask you the same thing.
-
Windows Mail it's Outlook, what to do? Page error is the reason why I'm unable to send messages.
-
thank you
-
Here is the Microsoft update: Update for Windows Vista (KB941090)
-
I want to download Windows Mail; I need help, at all costs.
-
To improve and simplify the 'tapsa' solution, you need to copy/paste, under XP, the following path C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (for example)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail into 'address' from 'My Computer' and then validate. Next, open the 'Outbox' folder without deleting it; if necessary, open the files within it to copy/paste the content and finally delete all files of the type '3EBB7B2A-00000039.eml' found in 'Outbox'. Under Vista, you need to locate the 'Windows Live Mail' folder in 'Users\username\x\y\z and do the same as above.
-
Hi Jim,
Is your problem resolved or not?
Sorry for the wait, yes my issue is resolved ^^ I deleted and re-added the account, and since then no more code ^^
Thanks, A+ -
Thank you, Red
-
pop. xxx .xx corresponds to your receiving server, this information is essential along with your password
smtp.xxx.xx corresponds to your sending server, this information is essential along with your password (if you are an Orange customer, you must use smtp.orange.fr for all accounts)
--
Be precise and thorough in your questions, readers are not clairvoyants.
Search engines are here to help you. -
Hi Jim,
Is your problem resolved or not? -
Hello,
I have a problem with Windows Mail (and also with Outlook, Windows Live Mail). My issue is that every time I click "send/receive" (or sync for the latest version of Windows Live Mail), it asks me to connect to pop.xxx.fr (xxx refers to orange, free, wanadoo, etc...). If you know how to get rid of this window, thank you
(I know it's a hassle because the problem started about 2 years ago, and a friend managed to get rid of it (it even took him a week and a half to find out how) but he doesn't remember how to do it anymore, so I'm looking on my side but without results!!
Thank you for replying. -
I just solved the same problem by downloading a small free program (I hope you speak English!):
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx
I know that some users may have experienced some difficulty using it (like bad side effects), but for me, it worked very well.
You will also find solutions to several small related issues on this site:
https://www.vistax64.com/threads/windows-mail-problems.62560/?ltr=W
Good luck!
AMP secretariat
www.permanence-telephonique-gironde.com -
The update for Windows Mail is not installing, error code: 80073701, thank you for your assistance.
-
I'm not sending and receiving emails through Windows Mail but it's okay through Neuf. How can I uninstall Windows Mail and reinstall it without making mistakes? Thanks to everyone.
-
Hello, my Windows Mail is stuck with the message "Windows Mail has closed improperly," and since then I can no longer send or receive emails.
-
Me too, I had the same problem. I tried restoring it but it was always the same. So I decided to delete Windows Mail Vista and I bought a license for IncrediMail. It cost me €50, but since then I haven't been bothered anymore and I'm really enjoying it, because I can make beautiful stationery that I can download, since I have the license, and I can record messages to send by email. IncrediMail is really great; I do not regret buying the IncrediMail license for a single moment, and it is much more pleasant than Windows Mail Vista. There’s no comparison.
I've been looking for a solution for a year, and I got fed up, so I found this IncrediMail solution that was suggested to me to download and buy the license.
Courage
Sun -
Help me, I can no longer send emails from Windows
for 4 days
but I can receive them. -
For 4 days I haven't been able to send messages via email on Windows
everything works fine until it indicates that my file is too large and that it is impossible to send it, it shows error 551
but even a small photo receives the same response
I don't know what to do
help me
from my account I can receive emails
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
- 5
- 6
- 7
Next