Startup Programs

Hello,

I would like to clean up the startup of my laptop a bit, but there are certain programs that launch at startup that I'm not sure what to do with.
In particular:

- StartCCC Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. : "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
- Persistence Intel Corporation : C:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
- Intel AppUp(SM) center Intel Corporation : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IntelAppStore\bin\ismagent.exe" --domain-id F0399437-FD0C-4A48-B101-F0314A6172E4
- IgfxTray Intel Corporation : C:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
- HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation : C:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
- BTMTrayAgent Microsoft Corporation rundll32.exe : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\btmshellex.dll",TrayApp

I would like to know which ones are truly useful for the system and which I can disable from startup.

Thank you in advance.

(CCleaner Log)

Configuration: Windows 8 / Firefox 20.0

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    Remove StartCCC and HotKeysCmds
    Persistence and IgfxTray are for the motherboard so I don’t know.
    Intel AppUp(SM) center is a big sniffer that we like
    BTMTrayAgent is for Bluetooth so is it useful? It's up to you to decide.

    --
    1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d !
    3
    1. Thank you for your response.

      What are StartCCC and HotKeysCmd used for?
      I searched for their names on Google but couldn't find any explanations.

      In general, how can one find out about active processes or those that start at boot?
      0
    2. So, hkcmd.exe is a process installed with some Intel graphics drivers and keyboard shortcuts, and StartCCC is for your ATI graphics card but it's not needed at startup.

      After the processes, it's up to you to see which ones you actually need!
      For example, I load my antivirus and the drivers for my mouse and keyboard, that's all.
      0
    3. Sure, thank you :)

      To learn about the processes, do you go to a specific website?
      0
    4. You can search on Google for the names of the applications!
      For example, for yours, you can type:
      - igfxpers.exe
      - CLIStart.exe
      - ismagent.exe
      And so on...

      And if you have doubts about certain processes, you can always ask security contributors from CCM to analyze your computer!
      0
    5. Salut

      Qu'est-ce qu'un sniffer ozone ?
      Faut-il le désinstaller ?
      0