Error code 8002F997 on PS3

Hello,
My son bought a second-hand PS3 2-3 months ago, and he managed to play online, so he was able to connect. Recently, he was asked to install a new update to connect, but each time the error message noted in the title appears. I admit I don't know anything about computers or the PS3; I just found the definition of this error code on the website, but it doesn't help me resolve my issue. Could someone please guide me on what to do?
Thank you very much

Configuration: Windows Vista / Chrome 24.0.1312.52

9 answers

  1. Thank you, DocSteph. I'll try to contact him, we'll see. My son just told me that now it's the USB port of the controller that's failing, it says "electric overload, too many devices connected..." even though he only has one controller connected. I think everything is crashing! I had him turn it off, and we will try to find someone who knows about this... thank you very much in any case.
    0
    1. Otherwise, I am a repairman, but you have to cover the round-trip shipping costs.
      0
    2. Thank you, I will first check in my close circle if anyone has knowledge about this, and if needed, I will come back. Thank you for everything.
      0
    3. You're welcome, have a good evening.
      0