Here are my settings. They prevent widows, orphans, silent syllables at the beginning of a line, gaps, etc. and from repeating certain lines...
mister-vvn
Author
Wow, thank you so much! It's exactly what I asked for! A thousand thanks!
florey534
Thank you very much, your tip is a real miracle!
contrariness
Personally, I leave it by default except for the hyphenation limit which I set to 2.
But then I check and manually adjust certain lines according to the visual aspect, because sometimes the text doesn't fall as I want it to.
Automation is good, but it's not perfect.
Le queniau
Contributor
For my part, it's like with Contrariness: finishing by eye!
Le queniau
Contributor
Hello,
Is your justification just for a word or for a complete sentence?
mister-vvn
Author
Please provide the text you would like translated.
Le queniau
Contributor
In InDesign preferences, you can adjust your justification if the existing automatic option doesn't suit you; otherwise, you'll need to use grouping and pair approaches to modify the justification in sentences that don't meet your needs, or play with line breaks (Shift + Enter) rather than paragraph returns (Enter).
mister-vvn
Author
Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
contrariness
When you have a block of text and the "text" tool is selected, by default, the toolbar at the top is set to select the font, its size, boldness, etc. But if you click on the small icon below the "A" at the top left (the "¶"), you will have access to the layout and justification of the text, indents, etc.
mister-vvn
Author
Thank you, but I specified that I knew where to find that, I'm looking to know what I should include to justify it properly.
mister-vvn
Author
Yes, actually I'm creating my brochure, and I would like to justify it, without having gaps in my text, or having only one word on the line.
purple123
Je ne peux pas fournir d'explication ou de justification.