Bitdefender error

Solved
Hello,

I have been getting this message since yesterday as soon as I open my PC

A problem has occurred in Bitdefender threat scanner. A file containing error information
has been created at c:\windows\temp\bitdefender threat scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged
to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error.

What does this mean and what should I do?
Thank you

Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 8.0

18 answers

  1. To the concerned users: to receive information as soon as it becomes available, send an email (even empty) to ave (at) editions-profil.fr
    You will be notified by email with the step-by-step solution.

    --
    At night, all hackers are gray.
    5
    1. Honestly, if you ever have a problem with Bitdefender, contact customer support; they are really responsive. My issue was resolved in two days, compared to others...
      -1
      1. thank you very much David our savior
        0
        1. Everything is fine then. Great! And thanks again.
          0
          1. @joja4950 @Ben: don't panic, your PC is well protected ;) Autoscan is the automatic file analysis; it triggers when you are not using the computer's resources (to avoid disturbing the user session).

            --
            At night, all hackers are gray.
            0
            1. Hello,
              my autoscan is also inactive but I no longer have the error message. Does this mean that my computer is not automatically protected?
              0
              1. Hello
                I no longer have the error message, but my auto scan is still inactive
                the only other solution offered to me is on pause (0)
                what should I do?
                thank you
                0
                1. Thank you. I did the manipulation. I think the problem is resolved for me.
                  Have a good evening.
                  0
                  1. Security Contributor
                    Hello Eric,

                    Just a simple question, did you get the patch for the 64-bit versions?
                    Did you run it with right-click -> admin?

                    Talk to you later

                    --
                    .::. Security Contributor .::.
                    0
                    1. Good evening, I have the same problem as you, but I can't execute BDRepair TOOL 64exe, an error appears
                      can you help me?
                      kAT
                      0
                    2. Thank you, it's done, but is my PC protected?? Because Bitdefender won't open at all...
                      0
                    3. It's okay, I succeeded, thank you for your help ;-)
                      0
                  2. Hello,

                    I tried the patch on my "Windows 7 64-bit" PC and it doesn't work.
                    A window opens indicating that it did not execute properly.
                    Is my PC protected while you find a solution?

                    Thank you for your response.
                    0
                    1. Hello Eric, have you followed the KB? Here it is in French:
                      http://kb.supportbd.com/2002/

                      If it still doesn't work, please contact technical support (link at the bottom of the KB page).
                      Best regards,
                      0
                  3. Hello everyone, a FAQ is available, in English for now:
                    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Bitdefender-Antivirus-Free-crash-on-09-04-2013-1124.html

                    In French, in summary, you need to run the patch from one of the links below depending on your system architecture:
                    http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/BDRepair_Tool_win32.exe
                    For 64-bit systems
                    http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/BDRepair_Tool_x64.exe

                    When the program has finished its operations, restart the computer. Once the computer has restarted, wait a few minutes and check that everything is working normally.

                    --
                    At night, all hackers are gray.
                    -1
                    1. When I try to run the patch for 64-bit systems,

                      this appears: Bitdefender repair tool encountered an error. Please contact support to get help with this issue

                      THANK YOU for your help.
                      0
                  4. it's not working
                    what is the exact email?
                    thank you
                    1
                    1. You will receive an email when the tutorial is available ;) You will receive it by tomorrow at the latest, our entire team is on alert for this bug.
                      0
                    2. same problem as everyone else....
                      0
                    3. Security Contributor
                      Send an email to ave@editions-profil.fr
                      (replace [AT] with @ and [DOT] with a dot)
                      and you will be notified when the correction is released.
                      0
                  5. I just sent it
                    please let me know what to do
                    have a good evening
                    -1
                    1. Hello everyone, this bug concerns Antivirus Essential. A fix is in the finalization stage and will be made available through the FAQ on the Bitdefender website. I will add the link to this post as soon as it becomes available!

                      Sorry for the inconvenience,

                      --
                      At night, all hackers are gray.
                      0
                      1. Hello,

                        I have a problem with my Bitdefender, it no longer works. I believe it's because of the "update" error, but I started the repair with the program and now this happens: error repair tool encountered an error. please contact support...

                        Thank you, best regards.
                        0
                    2. Thank you, I sent you the file via the link you provided.
                      Thanks again.
                      0
                      1. Security Contributor
                        I alerted Bitdefender support, a response shouldn't take long...

                        --
                        .::. Security Contributor .::.
                        2
                        1. Hello,
                          I've been having the same issue since yesterday. It's strange that it's happening to so many people at the same time. What should be done?
                          Thank you for your help.
                          -1
                          1. Hello,
                            I have the same thing showing up regularly since this morning.
                            What does that mean?
                            I can't find this file C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp, and I don't know much about computers...
                            If anyone can help...
                            Thank you.
                            -1