Foxit Reader won't open anymore.

Solved
Hello,

Tonight, I can't open a PDF file directly with Foxit Reader; I need to save it first. It was working fine at noon, and now nothing works. I went into Firefox tools, but the right boxes are checked. I toggled them and set them so that PDF files open, but it's impossible. What should I do to fix this? I cleaned it with CCleaner, ATF, and I haven't done any other scans.
Thank you

Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 8.0.1

--

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    You're welcome,
    Have a nice day.

    --
    Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
    0
    1. Hello kaneagle

      Yes, that's right, it was Adobe by default, but it wouldn't open either, so I did what you wrote and selected everything that was Adobe in Foxit Reader and it works perfectly
      Thanks for your help
      See you later
      --
      0
      1. Moderator
        Launch Firefox
        Tools
        Options
        Applications tab
        In pdf, select use Foxit Reader

        --
        Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
        1
        1. Moderator
          Edit: If it doesn't work, in PDF select --> always ask.
          0
      2. Good evening kaneagle

        Thank you for your help, I did what you told me, but it's the same as before, you see, it still wants to save in the folder I requested, except that in Firefox the box is not checked in tools, options, and general, I have to save it and then I can open the file without going to where it is saved, I don't know if you understood what I wrote to you, it's possible that it comes from my browser, it's the same with Adobe
        Thank you
        --
        0
        1. Moderator
          Hello,

          Go to the control panel, programs and features, uninstall Foxit Reader, Foxit Reader Toolbar, and Ask Toolbar.

          Restart the PC, go to: C\programs and delete --> Foxit Software.

          Run CCleaner as an administrator for a good cleaning.

          Download and install --> Foxit Reader

          During the installation, uncheck the toolbar and ask.

          After the installation, sometimes the toolbar installs, so go to programs and features and uninstall the Foxit Reader toolbar if you do not want it.

          To get French on Foxit Reader, go to this --> link

          In select product, choose the version --> 4.0.0.0619
          In French, right-click on --> download lang_fr_fr.xml
          Save it to the desktop.
          Then, on the desktop, copy the file --> download lang_fr_fr.xml and paste it into the directory --> C\programs\foxit software\foxit reader

          After that, open Foxit Reader
          Tools
          Preferences or Settings
          Languages, check: choose language
          Select French and OK.

          Then, click on help and click on set as default PDF viewer.

          Finally, on the desktop, you can delete the file download lang_fr_fr.xml

          Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
          1