Webcam Asus USB 2.0

Solved
Hello,

after hours of searching the internet, I can't find a solution to my issue, so I'm reaching out here...

So, I have a new Asus laptop (x53s) and I can't get my webcam (USB 2.0 in the device manager) to start. I've checked the driver, it's up to date, the camera works on programs like Skype or MSN, but if I want to use it to take a photo or a video from my desktop, it doesn't start, the indicator light doesn't even turn on.
I put a shortcut on my desktop, and if I double-click it, it asks for admin confirmation, I confirm, and then... nothing. Nothing launches, nothing starts.
So I'm a bit lost... If anyone has a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it!

2 answers

  1. I just found it, you must have a keyboard shortcut! The Fn key then the V key: liveframe starts up!!
    6
    1. Indeed, great, thank you!
      0
    2. && When The FN Key Doesn't Work, What Do We Do :'(
      0