GPO denied

-  
Hello,

I am desperately trying to implement a GPO on my domain controller server.
I need to run a script at the logon of all users.
I created a new group policy where I placed the logon script in the user configuration - Windows settings - scripts - logon.
I ran a gpupdate on the client machine and when logging in, my script doesn't run.
I checked the users associated with this policy, the entire domain is included (which is what I want) and I added my session as well.
Despite all this, nothing works...
With the gpresult command, I noticed this message:
Group policy objects were not applied because they were denied.
Could you please help me get out of this mess?
Thank you in advance!

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 5.0

6 answers

  1. But for me, it's more like this:

    \WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\domain.local\scripts\test.bat
    Here is the directory for the scripts that run via the properties of a user in AD and then in the profile tab.
    When I do it like this, the script runs.
    But if I set this path through a group policy so that all my AD users run the script, I get a message (via gpresult):
    Group policy objects were not applied because they were denied.
    2
    1. So try to place the script call as below in your GPO
      (replacing \WINDOWS\SYSVOL\ with \\domain.local\) :

      \\domain.local\sysvol\domain.local\scripts\test.bat
      0
    2. I put it in:

      C:\domaine.ad\sysvol\domaine.ad\scripts

      The problem is still the same.
      I can access it through a user session, but when I run the .bat, I get a message saying:

      CMD.EXE was started with the path as the current directory. UNC paths are not supported. Using the default Windows directory.
      0
  2. In your GPO, do you put the script with a path like this?

    \\tondomain.local\Sysvol\scripts\tonscript.bat

    OR

    \\tondomain.local\Sysvol\tondomain.local\scripts\tonscript.bat

    depending on the configuration.
    1
    1. Thank you for your help!

      Yes, I can run the .bat after logging in.
      I also tried placing it in the directory C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\domain-name\scripts
      This directory is used when you set a script to run at login in the profile tab with Active Directory.
      This directory is accessible, and when you go through Active Directory -> User -> Profile -> Login
      and place a .bat there, it is indeed executed!
      I'm stumped as to how to solve this problem...
      1
      1. And is the directory properly shared?

        Are you able to run the .bat after logging in using the same path as in the GPO?
        1
        1. Yes, all users in the domain have read and execute rights.
          It's often a permissions issue, but I don't see where it could be stuck!
          The nslookup command correctly returns my DNS...

          With the rsop.msc command, I get the same structure as on my server with my .bat in the logon scripts.
          But it still doesn't run at logon...
          1
          1. Hello,

            The script is located on the server. Have you checked the read permissions for the folder where it is located?
            1