Ping between 2 virtual machines

Hello,

I am a beginner in the field of computer networking, and I want to connect 2 PCs together using Wi-Fi.
The problem is that I want to connect 2 virtual machines, each located on a different physical machine, and I'm unable to ping them. I don't know whether to use the IP address of the virtual machine or the physical machine!!!???
If anyone can help me or has an answer to any of my questions, it would be nice to hear from you.

Thank you in advance.

7 answers

  1. Hello,

    I know this topic is old, but I'm experiencing exactly the same problem: I'm trying to ping my two virtual machines (with VirtualBox) that are on the same physical machine with Ubuntu, but I can't. The DHCP server had assigned the same IP address to both virtual machines, which is 10.0.2.15 (configured with bridge mode). I changed one of them (staying on the same subnet), but the ping still doesn't work.
    Note: the ping from the virtual machines to the host works well, but not the other way around.
    If anyone can help me???
    Thanks in advance.
    0