Song search

Hello,

A thousand apologies.

I would like someone to help me find a song learned at scouts:
the lyrics include:
".....my wife gave me a hundred sous,
take that basket which is on the peg,
go get me some salad, some meat......"

Thank you in advance for your help

11 answers

  1. Hello,

    so I was also looking today... rather to validate the lyrics I remember... here they are
    My wife gave me a hundred sous
    Take that basket that's on the nail
    Go fetch me some salad, some meat, all together
    Jeanot, Jeanot, went away without saying a word

    On the way he met
    Three young mounted knights
    They poured him so much to drink that he lost his memory
    I forget, I forget, all that my wife told me

    When he got home
    His wife rang the bell
    She was worse than the devil, she needed her salad
    Jeanot, Jeanot, went to bed without saying a word

    Around 10, 11, midnight
    His wife got him out of bed
    Without shirt, without pants, without hat, without frock coat
    Completely naked, completely naked, right in the middle of the street

    My wife, my dear little wife
    Let me have all my clothes
    My shirt, my pants, my hat, my frock coat
    I’m cold, I’m cold, and everyone is laughing at me

    Finally, his wife agreed
    Gave him all his clothes
    His shirt, his pants, his hat, his frock coat
    Thank you, thank you, my dear little wife!

    And there you go... I still don't know if it ends like this... and if the lyrics are accurate...
    11
    1. Thank you for the lyrics of which I only had the last 5 verses, which is still useful to thank my dear wife with music.
      0
    2. I have the same lyrics except that after the meat I have the marmalade.
      0
    3. Hello
      in the first verse it's "meat and cheese"
      see you
      gilles
      0
    4. @gillesNo, it's really salad, meat all together.
      1
    5. In the second verse I have:
      On his way he met three young riders at a walk, they offered him a drink and Jeannot lost his memory.
      Thank you a thousand times for providing these lyrics that I too have been looking for for many years.
      0
  2. Insist, you will find all the lyrics, 5 choruses too long to copy.

    Good luck

    0
    1. his wife gave him some money, repeat
      and she put the basket around his neck, repeat
      go fetch me some meat and salad together
      jeannot, jeannot, went away without saying a word, repeat
      on his way he met, repeat
      three young officers from the station, repeat
      jeannot bought them a drink, jeannot lost his memory
      I forget, I forget, all that my wife told me, repeat
      around ten o'clock, eleven o'clock, midnight, repeat
      his wife pulled him out of bed, repeat
      where did you put that meat and salad together
      jeannot jeannot fell asleep again without saying a word, repeat
      ..........
      completely naked, completely naked, in the middle of the street
      my darling little wife, repeat
      give me back my clothes quickly, repeat
      my pants, my hat, my overcoat
      I'm cold, repeat
      and everyone is mocking me
      ..........
      etc.
      0
      1. Hi,

        You can also find it by typing in your search engine (mine starts with G, I'm not married to it but it searches well):

        "Jeannot left without saying a word".

        The song is there in its entirety.

        Take care,
        Orph
        0
        1. Yes, yes, it's definitely the song. I would say "richly adorned" rather than "mounted"...
          Otherwise, it's almost word for word the song my grandfather sings.. ! :) There you go
          By the way, does anyone know the title?
          0
          1. It is indeed 'three young riders mounted' and the title we gave it in camp was 'My wife gave me a hundred cents', simply.
            My variant, at the beginning, is:
            Go get me some salad, some meat, and some cheese
            'But yes, but yes, my darling little wife'
            0
          2. What a surprise: these words and a little bit of melody have been running through my head for months.
            I am almost 80 years old and it's a song I learned when I was a scout (12 years old)
            So now, who can help me find the whole melody again?

            My wife gave me a hundred cents
            Take this basket that's on the hook
            Go get me some salad, some meat, all together
            Jeannot, Jeannot, went away without saying a word

            It would be a phenomenon, thank you in advance, Olivier
            0
        2. when Jeannot gets home, his wife rang the bell, where did you put this meat and this salad?
          0
          1. Hello,

            I'm also looking for... here's a small bit that we remember:

            ....Jeannot went away without saying a word
            On the way, he met
            Three young horsemen mounted...

            later on, he spends all his money and has no money left to pay for the salad...
            0
            1. Hi,
              I'm looking for a lively song for my party. Can you help me, please?
              Kisses
              0
              1. Hello, I'm also looking for this song - I used the title "Jeannot" but without success - yet this song exists.
                1
                1. I'm getting frustrated with this site that won't let me post the lyrics I know!
                  0