Bootable Ubuntu DVD

Hello,

It's been almost 2 hours that I've been trying to restart my PC and nothing works! Here’s my problem. I partitioned my hard drive to allocate free space where I want to install Linux (Windows 7 is installed on the native hard drive). I downloaded an Ubuntu version of Linux in .iso format, a file I burned onto a DVD-RW. I restarted my PC, entered the BIOS, and changed the boot priorities as follows:

1°) External Device
2°) Internal Optical Disc
3°) Internal Disc

And oh dear, steps 1 and 2 fail and the PC decides to smoothly boot into Windows from the internal hard drive.

Where did I make my mistake?

Thank you for your responses
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6

2 answers

  1. Hello,
    indeed, your error comes from burning the ISO file onto your DVD. I think you burned the file as is onto your DVD, but that's not how it should be done. Follow this guide: https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/3942-graver-une-image-disque-iso-nrg
    0
    1. Contributor
      Hi,

      Thanks for him, but well...
      jeanjean - March 5, 2010
      , since then, he must have moved on to other things ;-)
      0
    2. thank you, but the page no longer exists

      0