Dpkg issue
Solved
-
Hello,
I have a problem with "dpkg"; I don't really know what it is exactly but I can't open the Synaptic package manager anymore.
This message appears when I try to open it: E:
dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --
configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
The last thing I did before having a problem was installing Java by typing:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin
If I understand correctly, I need to restart "dpkg" manually, but how do I do that?
Thank you
I have a problem with "dpkg"; I don't really know what it is exactly but I can't open the Synaptic package manager anymore.
This message appears when I try to open it: E:
dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --
configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
The last thing I did before having a problem was installing Java by typing:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin
If I understand correctly, I need to restart "dpkg" manually, but how do I do that?
Thank you
Configuration: Ubuntu 8.10 / WindowsXP Firefox 3.0