USB assignment letter
Hello,
I just bought a new laptop (running on Vista) and I have the following problem:
When I connect a hard drive or a USB flash drive to a USB port, the PC recognizes it (no problem) but does not assign any drive letter to it, making it impossible for me to open it. I tried to assign letters via DOS and the disk manager, but the letter stays for a second and almost instantly disappears...
Does anyone have a solution to fix this and allow me to explore my data??
Thanks in advance,
Benoit
I just bought a new laptop (running on Vista) and I have the following problem:
When I connect a hard drive or a USB flash drive to a USB port, the PC recognizes it (no problem) but does not assign any drive letter to it, making it impossible for me to open it. I tried to assign letters via DOS and the disk manager, but the letter stays for a second and almost instantly disappears...
Does anyone have a solution to fix this and allow me to explore my data??
Thanks in advance,
Benoit
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0