Know the IP of a switch/composer switch?
Hello,
I would like to know the IP address of my 3Com switches in order to manage them via the web interface.
One is a SuperStack 2 3300 and the other a Baseline 2426-PWR Plus.
I must specify that I do not have a domain controller.
Thank you for your answers.
I would like to know the IP address of my 3Com switches in order to manage them via the web interface.
One is a SuperStack 2 3300 and the other a Baseline 2426-PWR Plus.
I must specify that I do not have a domain controller.
Thank you for your answers.
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.6
12 answers
-
This is a special console cable, depending on the switch. Usually, the cable is round, with a serial connector on one end and an RJ45 connector on the other end, which plugs behind the switch into the console port. Once connected, you can download the HyperTerminal client and where it asks you for the stop bits and the parity, set them to default. Once connected, press Enter to open the connection, type "enable" and then enter the password to enter administrator mode. Once connected you type "sh conf" to view the switch configuration, and there you look for the switch's IP address.
-
It's a serial cable that you connect via your COM port.
-
Tell me Xoooom or someone else, but is the cable a RJ45 or a special cable?
-
Thank you Xoooom, I’ll bring my laptop to work tomorrow to test, I’ll keep you updated.
-
Yes, you can use PuTTY, it works very well.
-
Thank you, Xoooom, I’ll try that. One last thing: I don’t have HyperTerminal in Accessories, is that normal? Also, is Putty easy to use?
-
no then you arrive on the administration page, there you scroll through the menus to find the IP
-
Yes, then does the IP address of the switch display?
-
and well you get a console cable, you connect it to your switch as well as to your PC, then either you download Putty, or you go Start => All Programs => Accessories => HyperTerminal
and you configure it like this:
Baud rate = 9600, Data bits = 8, Parity = None, Stop bits = 1, Flow control = None. -
Hi, did you go check http://test-de-connexion.fr to see if there was any way to view it?
See you later -
Hello Xoooom, can you tell me how to do it precisely
that would be nice
thanks -
You can connect to it via Telnet over a serial cable to reach the configuration and view or change their IP.