[Speakers] Quadraphonic: problem!
Hello everyone!
Here it is:
I have a Realtek AC'97 sound card (chipset on the motherboard) and four standard speakers (two pairs) for my computer.
To create pseudo-quadriphonic sound (two speakers on the shelf above the desk and two on the floor):
I had plugged the first pair into the green output of the sound card and the second pair into the blue output.
I had then configured my sound card accordingly (with the provided config software) to specifically specify (by checking a box) the type "output on 4 speakers".
Everything worked perfectly (the sound came from all 4 speakers).
But (for various reasons), I unplugged the pair of speakers that are down (from the blue output) for a few days, and now that I have reconnected and reconfigured it, it doesn't work anymore!
No sound is coming from the blue output of the sound card...
Only sound is coming from the green output, which means I no longer have my pseudo-quadriphonic sound...
However, in the config software that came with the sound card, in the "Speaker Test" tab, all 4 speakers are working and I can hear the test sound on all 4 speakers!
Weird, right?...
So, if anyone has an idea, I’m all ears :)
Thanks in advance! :)
Here it is:
I have a Realtek AC'97 sound card (chipset on the motherboard) and four standard speakers (two pairs) for my computer.
To create pseudo-quadriphonic sound (two speakers on the shelf above the desk and two on the floor):
I had plugged the first pair into the green output of the sound card and the second pair into the blue output.
I had then configured my sound card accordingly (with the provided config software) to specifically specify (by checking a box) the type "output on 4 speakers".
Everything worked perfectly (the sound came from all 4 speakers).
But (for various reasons), I unplugged the pair of speakers that are down (from the blue output) for a few days, and now that I have reconnected and reconfigured it, it doesn't work anymore!
No sound is coming from the blue output of the sound card...
Only sound is coming from the green output, which means I no longer have my pseudo-quadriphonic sound...
However, in the config software that came with the sound card, in the "Speaker Test" tab, all 4 speakers are working and I can hear the test sound on all 4 speakers!
Weird, right?...
So, if anyone has an idea, I’m all ears :)
Thanks in advance! :)
___________________ |__ .: Thom@s :. ___|
4 answers
-
Hello!
Check the sound properties in Windows to see if everything is set up correctly!
http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-656200-Vends-OnS -
Hello!
Thank you for your response :-)
Well, it seems well configured to me :-)
___________________ |__ .: Thom@s :. ___|
-
up :-)
___________________ |__ .: Thom@s :. ___|
-
ContributorStill haven't solved your problem?
Honestly, you have no luck with sound...
http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-632547-%5BHauts-parleurs%5D-Gr%E9sillements
Would you feel like buying a new sound card by any chance?
:)))))
Have fun.-
No, sound and I don't get along... ;-)
Don't you feel like buying a new sound card by any chance?
Already done! And the problem persists!
(In fact, more precisely, my old computer gave up the ghost and I bought a new one with a new sound card, so :-)
But you know, after a certain time, you end up resigning yourself... :-D
See you later! :)
___________________ |__ .: Thom@s :. ___|
-
-
@beertYes, yes, it's still buzzing...
But it must be a "ground" problem...
___________________ |__ .: Thom@s :. ___|
-
Contributor@beertFor the buzz, I think you will have to wait until you get yourself some good speakers.
For the quadraphony, it's strange because you tell us it works with the test software... And when you watch a DVD with PowerDVD for example and the 4.1 option checked, does it work?
Enjoy. -
@beertHi Beert!
Thank you for your reply :-)
I don't think the buzz comes from the speakers, but rather from the fact that my computer and my speakers are not grounded :-)
As for quadraphony, I must admit that I have no DVDs at home, so I don't have PowerDVD ;-)
:-)
___________________ |__ .: Thom@s :. ___|
-