Corel Draw won't open - Error message

Solved
Hello everyone,

My CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 64 bit, Family & Student Version suddenly refuses to open!
Here is a screenshot with the message:

I am still running on Windows 7, and everything was working fine.
I have already downloaded the VGCore.dll file, but I don't know where or how to put it.
It's a disaster for me since I hardly work with anything else but Corel...
Can someone help me, please?
Thank you very much in advance!
my_bri

5 answers

  1. Normally, it should be located in
    C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDraw Graphic Suite X8\programs64

    If it has been altered or deleted, this is not normal.. we need to investigate why and look for a virus or a trojan.
    1
    1. Hello too...
      0
    2. @fermiparadoxxHello fermipatadoxx,
      I apologize for not greeting you if you've been here since the beginning; in that case, I urgently need to change my glasses, or maybe you just appeared...
      In that case, welcome!
      My_bri
      0
  2. Good evening Contrariness,
    Thank you for your quick response!
    I'll do that starting Monday. I hope it works better than anything I've tried so far. Even 2 reinstallations, as suggested elsewhere.
    What worries me too is this code 126...
    As soon as I've followed your suggestion, I'll keep you updated!
    See you Monday, thank you, and have a good Sunday.
    My_bri
    0
    1. Hello Contrariness,

      I just performed the maneuver you suggested.
      Unfortunately, the message is still there but instead of code 126, it's now 193...

      Here's where I stand...
      What do you think?
      What do these codes 126 and 193 represent?
      Thank you very much for your help!
      my_bri
      0
      1. Error 193 is a problem with Windows..
        Probably a Windows 7 update that is blocking.. (yet I thought there were no more updates for W7...)
        Check if you have the latest version of Corel... (hotfix 1)
        https://www.coreldraw.com/fr/support/updates/#cdgs-x8
        0
    2. Here I am again.
      I'll explain what I've done:

      -> In the properties -> Compatibility mode was set to XP
      Now Windows 7.
      -> Update 1 successful.
      -> Restart and..... still the same, same message and still won't start!

      Oh despair!
      0
      1. Is hotfix1 installed?
        0
      2. @contrarinessYes, no. Only hotfix 1 but the first update of it which fixed a few bugs...
        0
      3. @My_briAt Corel, you must follow the update order (unless stated otherwise)... first the first update and then the Hotfix.
        The updates are essentially new installations. They should overwrite what you may have done before.
        0
      4. @contrarinessI don't know if you received my response, so I'm repeating it just in case.
        Yes, I bought the program with the hotfix 1 included. And thanks to the link you sent me, I was able to download the first update.
        There you go.
        My_bri
        0
      5. @my_briCheck your version
        it will give this one the version number 18.1.0.661
        0
    3. Contrariness, contrariness are you there?

      We did it, Corel is working!
      Thanks to a restoration from May 3rd, the day I was sure I had created documents.

      So I say THANK YOU!
      For your skills and your support. You don't give up, I would have abandoned it and now, I'm super happy!!!

      This is the second similar message I'm writing to thank you and say goodbye.
      The first one was deleted... or I made a mistake.
      I hope this one reaches you! ;-)
      Take care of yourselves, and if by chance I still have an issue, I will come back to YOU!
      0
      1. Glad it's working again.
        Have a great weekend!
        0