Tabbing issue after em dash

Solved
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Word, regarding em dashes. When I use them for dialogues, there is an indentation before, which is good, but there is also a tab after, which I don't want.

I can't remove this space that is added directly after the dash; I find it too large.

Illustrations:





Thank you,

Baptiste

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 67.0

1 answer

  1. Contributor
    Go to FILE/Options/Proofing/AutoCorrect Options
    deselect "Automatic Bullet Lists" in the "While Typing" and "AutoFormat As You Type" tabs.
    This should solve your problem ...

    --
    Retirement is great! Especially in the Caribbean ...
    Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
    1
    1. Thank you, Raymond,

      Indeed, it works. It's tedious because it requires going over all the dashes in a text, but it can be done quite well with a macro.

      Thanks again.
      0
    2. Contributor
      If you had thought about selecting the whole document before doing the operation, everything would have been fixed all at once, in one go...
      0