Hard Drive Connection Issue

Hello,

I built my computer this weekend, and I'm having a problem with my hard drive.
I have a hard drive and an SSD, but the hard drive is not being detected... but the SSD is.
When I'm in the JVC menu, I can see my SSD active, and I also see my 1TB hard drive, but it is disabled... I don't understand why and how to enable it?

Thank you for your help.

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,

    What is the jvc menu?

    If you are in the BIOS, there may be an option to activate the port to which you are connected.
    If you are on Windows, you may need to go to disk management and create a new volume on your HDD.

    A photo would be good to know where you are
    https://www.commentcamarche.net/infos/25913-ccm-inserer-une-image-dans-une-discussion/

    --
    Automatic message
    If you do not respond regularly, I will no longer follow your discussion.
    Minimum required in relation to the volunteers who are helping you: Politeness, Respect...
    2
    1. Thank you for your response and your help!
      I have modified and added the image, thanks.
      0
    2. Contributor
      a larger image, the whole screen would have been nice.

      You must have a place where you can enable the SATA ports

      What's your motherboard?
      0
    3. Contributor
      By the way, 120 GB for your SSD is a bit light.
      0
    4. I will have more information tonight, I'm not home right now.

      Oh really, isn't 120GB enough?
      0
    5. Contributor
      @Jeangoujon"Ah really, 120GB isn't enough?"
      Yes, but when Windows upgrades to a new version, it creates a windows.old folder which is sort of a backup, an image of the old version for reverting if needed.
      And it takes up space depending on what you have on the drive.
      If there are several software and documents, it could get heavy and fill up.

      You just need to manage your space well and keep the SSD as free as possible.
      0