How to open a .FS file

Hello,
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm a bit lost. I have a .FS file that needs to be modified, but I'm not sure which editor to open it with. I tried Visual Studio but there's always a lot of gibberish. I read online that it was developed with a Microsoft F# language, but I don't know how to open it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

  1. Hello
    you cannot modify it like a text file
    it is a file used and created by Visual Studio for programming in F# language
    0
    1. No, this is not a text file, and even when I open it with Visual Studio, it shows this:
      €Œ‹xvtsa~vŒ„zx˜~€—„~xvtwc~v—„}€Ž…c~x•™Œj€……q‹vus`~v……ŒŠ…y‰f…—y‚‡~€…uƒvuzd~v…y‘‡dˆ|W“…–~x•™ŒP|’dŒt‰—–yq€‘Œ{†vvs`~vq…‹dy‚•™}€…s`gvvsa~vŒ„}€Šd…uƒˆ…—Œ’~€…„xxvvsb~v…„„x“œqWŽ…Šx€€‘„qŠvvsc~v…–‡x•dq‰•™„~|€€‘‡uvzyf~x—˜€q€ˆˆ†‹vzyg~vˆˆ†q€…„qx{ts`~v™—yƒv~€†…ry{tsa~v™—yƒw~€‡†sz{tsb~v™—yƒx~€ˆ‡t{{tsc~v™—yƒy~€‰ˆu|{tsd~v™—yƒz~€Š‰v}{tse~v™—yƒ{~€‹Šw~{tsf~v™—yƒ|~€|ƒ{tsg~v™—yƒ}~€Œy€{tsh~v™—yƒ~~€Žz{tsi~v™—yƒ~€Ž{‚{tt`~v™—yƒwt}€‘}„{tta~v™—yƒwu}€’‘~…{ttb~v™—yƒwv}€Œ’‚€~tsa~vŒ’…{‡d•yŠ™“˜|€€€‘„q{~tsd~v‘„t€Ž…cq{”…‘uq€ž„uƒ~tse~vž„x‰‡dˆ|WŽqƒ~€—’uƒ~tsf~v—’…xŠdˆ|WŽ…‰~€€Š’xx~tsg~vŠ’…‘…cxxŠˆ„tx€€—„~{~tsh~v—„~x‡d‘q{–}€—„ƒx~tsi~v—„~x‡d–q˜…‘uq€w~tt`~vq…‹dŠxx ž„|q€’„uƒ~tta~v’„y„‡dˆ|W‡‘•yq€Œ„u…~ttb~vŒ„~x”‰cu…”……„€€€‹uz~ttc~v‹q†›„P|‰Œcs‹–•q‹‹~€Œ„rƒ~ttd~vŒ„ƒ…‡…cr|’…•yy~€Œ„xx~ttf~vŒ„z€ˆ…cxx“‡yq€‘ˆxx~ttg~v‘ˆ‚‹‘cxx˜˜Œj€’„{~tth~v’„t€‡dŽx|Ÿ}€„r|~tua~v„}€‡d…u‰Œ„|q€Œ„{~tub~vŒ„v€Š…c{‡Œ|q€—„s~tuc~v—.

      I tried with all the editors I know, it always shows the same thing, and the file has the .FS extension.
      0
    2. Contributor
      'lut, is it possible to get a hexadecimal view of the beginning of the file? Utilities like GNU
      file
      or
      binwalk
      should be able to tell what type of file it is.
      0
    3. @andyajramNO, you cannot edit this file
      because it is a file used and created by Visual Studio when you are programming in F#
      it is a binary file that is used internally by Visual Studio.
      0
    4. The beginning of the file is what I posted, there's nothing written but that, I don't understand what exactly you want to see.
      0
    5. Contributor
      Rather than a text interpretation in one of the thousand and one different encodings that Microsoft likes to use in its software, I would like to see the content of the file, byte by byte, in hexadecimal notation, through any hex editor. Or, if the file is not sensitive, uploading it somewhere might prove simpler.
      0
  2. Hello,

    Let's start from the beginning: why do you want to open this file??
    0
    1. It's not specifically for me; it's the company where I work. They have an application developed by a software publisher a long time ago, it ran on the 2003 server, and now they wanted to migrate to a 2013 server. So the application works well, but a function to update the information is no longer working, and they no longer have a partnership with the publisher that developed the application. They are looking for a solution to make the function work, so they want to open the .FS file to modify it. That's all I know; I don't have more information.
      0