Password protect a folder in Windows 10

Solved
Hello,

I would like to protect folders in Windows 10 with a password, preferably using a free software.
Thank you

1 answer

  1. You can set a password on any file by compressing it into a .zip, but it's not very secure. It would mainly be to prevent someone from accessing it physically on the computer.

    It is also possible to encrypt a folder on Windows 10, making it impossible for other users on the computer to access it, but this only works if there are multiple sessions on the PC with different users who do not know each other's passwords:

    Otherwise, you need to encrypt it with gpg!
    Have a nice day.
    4
    1. Thank you Breizhux,

      But could you explain it to me in more detail, since I don't know much about this field..
      Thank you
      0
    2. I don't use Windows, so I'm not sure I can explain it well. So I'm putting a link:
      https://www.commentcamarche.net/telecharger/utilitaires/2197-7-zip/

      From a security standpoint, a password-protected zip file can be hacked fairly easily. However, if it is encrypted, there is a requirement to have a password, and it will be much more complicated for a hacker to open this file. Unless the password is not strong enough...
      0
    3. @Anonymous userThank you, I will give it a try, and if I succeed I will post a message and if not, I will too ;-)
      0