Hello I would like to update the map of my TomTom Full Europe that I have in my Captur, for free, but I'm afraid of making a mistake. Can you please help me?
-- Quote from Georges Courteline: Appearing to be an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a pleasure for a true connoisseur. This is just a signature and not a personal attack.
(there are others in the same section if this one doesn't match your model)
-- The diaper revolution is underway!
nemrod18
That's right what I've written, not free... reread the video and change the negative rating.
Thank you in advance.
samgunsjovirow
Moderator
It's not me who gave it a -1, and anyway we shouldn't tell members to change a rating;-)
For your information, I know someone who did receive free updates (legally of course) for a TomTom GPS installed in a vehicle (although it wasn't a Renault), hence the suggestion given.
nemrod18
@samgunsjovirowRecent Tomtom devices have free updates, but we shouldn't generalize... even if we know someone who...
Mine doesn't qualify for them.
samgunsjovirow
Moderator
I didn't generalize, I just suggested a lead (once again). A lead is an encouragement to look in a certain direction, not a certainty that it will work every time.
That said, as the Captur is relatively new, one can only hope that the user is entitled to these free updates;-)
nemrod18
Free updates only apply to GPS devices sold with 4 free updates per year. Other updates obtained through Tomtom Home are only those from the Tomtom community, which are very limited and do not include mapping at all.
For GPS devices not included in these free updates, you will need to pay.
-- Quote from Georges Courteline: To be seen as a fool in the eyes of an idiot is a pleasure of a fine gourmet. This is just a signature and not a personal attack.
samgunsjovirow
Moderator
We agree: there are indeed free updates, even if they are limited.
nemrod18
@samgunsjovirowYes, they only concern roundabouts and other no-entry signs; these updates are suggested by TomTom users.
For the new maps (apart from those who benefit from lifetime free updates), payment is required.