[vba excel] macro to hide row

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a VBA macro in Excel (I specify that I don't know much!!! I just know how to use macros but not create them!!!)
So, I have a table of the type:
''''''''''''''''''''''A''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''B'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''C''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''D
1
2
3
4
5'''''''''Equipments'''''''''''''Domains'''''''''''''''Impact '''''''''''''''''''Action to take
6''''''''Compactor''''''''''''''''''''Air''''''''''''''''''''Dust''''''''''Do analysis by lab
7'''''''''''''''Tour
8'''''Welding station
9'''''''''''''''Oven''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Air'''''''''''''''''''''''Smoke''''''''''''''Do analysis by lab

I would like to have a button (macro) to obtain the following table format to facilitate printing because my table is very large:

''''''''''''''''''''''A''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''B'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''C''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''D
1
2
3
4
5'''''''''Equipments'''''''''''''Domains'''''''''''''''Impact '''''''''''''''''''Action to take
6''''''''Compactor''''''''''''''''''''Air''''''''''''''''''''Dust''''''''''Do analysis by lab
9'''''''''''''''Oven''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Air'''''''''''''''''''''''Smoke''''''''''''''Do analysis by lab

So the condition is: if there is no impact (empty cell in column C), the entire row should be hidden. Then, I would need a second button to make the hidden rows reappear. I want the first 4 rows to remain because they contain my company's logo + document update date, etc.

Thank you in advance

Vince
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.5

4 answers

  1. Alright, I'm going to try to give you a solution
    ------
    TO HIDE
    ----------

    Sub hide()
    Range("B1:B7").Select 'B1:B7 corresponds to the range of cells you want to check
    For Each o In Selection
    If o.Value = "" Then
    o.EntireRow.Hidden = True
    End If
    Next

    End Sub
    -----------------------------------------------------

    TO SHOW YOUR CELLS
    -----------
    Sub unhide()

    Range("B1:B7").Select
    Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
    End Sub

    ------------------------------------------------

    And then you go to Excel...Tools/Macro/Run a macro..
    Magic magic you discover two macros (Hide and Unhide)

    Then you can add buttons to your Excel sheet and when you click on them, it runs the macros.

    DISPLAY / TOOLBAR / FORM

    You select the button
    Place it on your sheet and select the right macro to assign..

    BYE....Looking forward to it
    19
    1. Hello forum, hello thread,
      Your turtles85 code works perfectly, the only problem is that the rows are not completely empty, I have formulas in them, so Excel does not consider them as empty.
      How can I work around this issue???!!!

      Thank you
      Azel
      0
    2. Hello,

      Thank you for this code. It was helpful. However, I am encountering a problem: when I put this code three times in a row with different ranges but always on the same sheet, it indicates: compilation error, ambiguous name detected: hide.

      Could you please help me

      Thank you in advance
      0
    3. Thank you, great and simple ideas!
      0