Putty copy paste password

Hello,
I would like to copy and paste the password in Putty.
But when I try with the right-click it doesn't always work, nor do the shift + insert keys.

Do you have a way to copy and paste that works all the time?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    You highlight with the mouse what you want to copy.
    If you're on Windows, you right-click and then select Copy (or CTRL+C), on GNU/Linux it's not necessary, it's copied directly to the clipboard.

    Then in PuTTy, a simple right-click is enough to paste what is in the clipboard.
    0
    1. on GNU/Linux, it's not necessary, it's copied directly to the clipboard.

      If you're in a terminal, yes.. in an X window, it depends..
      in short: selecting + right-click / copy always works :)
      0
    2. @Arm.7.ageddon
      in an X window, it depends..
      Yes and no. Back then, there was no problem, but for some time now, I've noticed that from certain X windows there have been issues, especially if you close the said window between copying and pasting ;-(

      Before replying, I had tested from a Win 10 machine with PuTTy open on a Debian 8.2. A simple right-click under PuTTy is enough to paste the content copied from Win.
      0
    3. For the putty glue, I confirm, no worries :)
      0