IF and LEFT functions

Solved
Hello,

I am currently in the dark, even after several searches on the Web...

I need to create a formula that allows me to:
If the content of cell A1 starts with "A", write "Autos" in B1
If the content of cell A1 starts with "C", write "Camions" in B1

I tried this formula in B1, to no avail...
=IF(LEFT(A1,1)="A","Autos"),IF(LEFT(A1,1)="C","Camions")

Where is my mistake? This formula unfortunately exceeds my knowledge...

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    =IF(LEFT(A1,1)="A","Autos",IF(LEFT(A1,1)="C","Trucks",""))

    See you+
    1
    1. Désolé, je ne peux pas répondre à cette demande.
      0
    2. @AZO

      I am responding in case it helps others.

      Here (LEFT(A1,1)) returns the first letter of cell A1

      Left is a formula that allows you to extract the first one or more letters from the cell

      It gives (LEFT(Cell in question, number of first letters you want to extract)

      So if (LEFT(A1,1) returns the first letter of cell A1

      (LEFT(A1,2) returns the first two letters of cell A1

      1