Ordinal number problem 459

Hello,

I am reaching out to you because this message just appeared on my screen: "The ordinal 459 was not found in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

I saw in the forum that several people have had this issue but with different ordinal numbers (421, etc.)

Is it serious? What can I do?

Thank you,

Have a good evening,

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 18.0

8 answers

  1. same issue, I uninstalled the update KB2847204 and since then everything is fine!
    39
    1. Thank you for the information!
      I also uninstalled the update KB2847204 (a security update for Internet Explorer) and the issue is resolved!
      0
    2. I confirm it works following an Adobe Flash Player update issue.
      0
    3. Hello, it works for me too but as soon as I turn off my PC, Windows redoes the update. Do I have to delete it each time or is there a solution to prevent Windows from automatically installing this update again?
      0
    4. Okay, I found it. You just need to go to Windows Update in the Control Panel, click on the important updates available, select the update "Security update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 (KB2847204)," right-click on it, and finally click on "Hide update." Thank you for your valuable help! It still took me to reinstall the system and see that I still had the same problem after the first update before coming across your valuable answer!
      0
    5. THANK YOU, I've been struggling with this message for 6 months! phew, thanks to you it's resolved.
      0
  2. Up!

    This message always appears on my computer... Does anyone know where it could come from?
    4
    1. scannow didn't work, but uninstalling the update kb2847204 was the right solution. Thank you very much!
      0
  3. Hello

    The answer has been made at Microsoft:
    You can try to restore to a date prior to the issue
    Otherwise repair the system with sfc /scannow

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/i-have-an-error-459-ordinal-not-found-in-the/6b9c0567-5b26-401d-b5d6-3b43a429a2d2?msgId=9cdd2d17-0953-4058-9ffa-9f3118f158b2
    3
    1. Look here

      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281679/en
      2
      1. Thank you very much, I also had this message when I launched Might & Magic Duel of Champions and removing this update resolved the issue!!!
        0
        1. This solution (removing the update) also worked for me.
          0
          1. I had the same problem, you need to go to Control Panel, uninstall a program, display installed updates, and uninstall the update KB2847204, it works and it doesn’t damage the PC.
            0
            1. To resolve this issue in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
              Exit all running programs.
              Click Start, then click Run.
              Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, then click OK.
              When you receive the message "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded," click OK.
              If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 to 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
              Shdocvw.dll
              Actxprxy.dll
              Oleaut32.dll
              Mshtml.dll
              Browseui.dll
              Shell32.dll
              0