Unable to install NOTEPAD++

Hello,

For some time now I can’t open NOTEPAD++, instead I get a small error message “SYSTEME ERR” and below it “OPERATION REUSSIE.” I’ve tried reinstalling it many times, but that small error message persists. I’ve already done a system restore and a Windows repair but nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance to everyone for their suggestions and solutions.

4 answers

  1. Hello, I’ve had this problem since yesterday evening as well.
    However, after uninstalling and reinstalling notepad++, I looked into viruses, spyware and other rootkits.
    I would lean more towards a small hidden script somewhere...
    But all of that has been unsuccessful.
    I don’t know what to do anymore, and I admit that without notepad++ I’m really, really lost.
    If anyone has an idea, you could save us ^^
    Thanks in advance.
    0
    1. I have exactly the same problem, reinstalling changes absolutely nothing...
      0
      1. This is a problem in Notepad++ configuration files. A quick fix is to delete the config.xml file (C:\Documents and Settings\<your login="">\Application Data\Notepad++\config.xml).

        See http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1554702&forum_id=331754</your>
        0
        1. Thank you for your help; indeed, ever since I did what you suggested, Notepad++ has been working again!
          0
        2. A few details:
          This error triggers when you quit Notepad++ with a window width that is too small.

          If you prefer to repair your "config.xml" file rather than delete it, search for the lines:
          <!--App position--> <GUIConfig name="AppPosition" x="126" y="425" width="575" height="514" isMaximized="no" />

          Then enlarge the width (the value of the width="" attribute).

          Thank you Regain!
          0
        3. I forgot to mention for those wondering "Yes, but how do I edit the file since Notepad++ no longer works?"... Just use your good old Windows editor!

          In the Start menu then Run... enter this command (do not change anything):
          %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe %AppData%/NotePad++/config.xml
          0
      2. 3 years later: nothing has changed!!!

        Hello,

        Accustomed to another paid editor ("Ultraedit"), I wanted to test Notepad++ v 5.4.5
        After installation, I encountered the error SYSTEM ERR / item not found...

        First impression: it doesn't look very serious already!

        I nevertheless searched the net to fix this problem.

        What a surprise:
        1 - to see that this problem has existed for several years already (even if the cause may be different)
        and has been submitted very often on many forums
        2 - that, among the numerous solutions proposed on many forums, none of those I tested works.

        After about 10 minutes of various attempts, I therefore uninstalled NOTEPAD++.

        It is not feasible to work with a tool whose editor does not test its new releases at least on a virgin machine before offering them for download.

        Windows XP Service Pack 3
        Notepad++ never installed beforehand.

        Too bad: the rest looked promising
        0