Stdole32.tlb

Solved
Hello,

on another machine (Windows Vista Home Edition).
I installed Office 2007 Pro and when I go into Excel it gives me stdole32.tlb error. I click OK and it starts a reinstallation that takes about 4 minutes, and this happens every time I open a file. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired, and nothing works. Do you have a solution?
Meanwhile, on this computer running XP, I installed the same CD with no problems.
Thank you for your responses.
Michel

Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 8.0

2 answers

  1. To solve the problem without having to buy unnecessary software, all you need to do is press the CTRL key while double-clicking to open the EXCEL software. The system will simply ask you if you want to open in safe mode, and you say YES. Excel will open instantly.
    3
    1. Thank you!!!! The CTRL thing works well!
      1
    2. -I'M GOING TO TRY IT MYSELF!

      Marie-France
      0
    3. It's not working for me. Ongoing problem!
      0
    4. It is a "temporary" solution but it does not solve the problem.
      0
    5. Great tip!
      (I've tried repairing, uninstalling but it doesn't work)
      0