Local Disk F: to E:

Solved
Hello, I searched the internet but couldn't find the answer to my question.

A few days ago, I borrowed an external hard drive from a friend to transfer files to my external hard drive, which is usually recognized as Local Disk (E:), and the day I plugged both drives into my PC, my hard drive was recognized as Local Disk (F:). Since I have a lot of things saved on Local Disk E/ (notably Firefox), and my entire iTunes library, I would like to know how to make my computer recognize the external hard drive as Local Disk E: instead of Local Disk F:.
Thanks in advance.

(And please excuse my spelling mistakes, but I moved to France in 2005 so I still have some issues with spelling.)
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.6

4 answers

  1. When you plug in your drive automatically, it's F:
    Administrative Tools
    Computer Management
    Disk Management
    Right-click on the drive in question: change the drive letter ...
    OK

    It should work fine.
    4
    1. Ok, but I can't find Administration Tools, where is it?
      0
    2. @zenberight click then properties normally
      0
    3. Moderator
      @zenbeHello,

      It's an icon in the control panel

      Best regards

      --
      A stranger is a friend we haven't met yet.
      0
    4. @jee peeah yes, you're right, it's coming back to me :)
      0
    5. Ok, thank you very much, I found it!
      0