Floppy disk or USB drive appears full despite being empty

Solved
Hello,

I have a small issue. I have a rar or avi file of 4GB or more. When I try to copy it to my USB stick or elsewhere, I get this message: "The destination disk is full, please insert a new disk to continue." I don't understand because I have an 8GB USB stick and an external hard drive with 50GB of free space left.
Please help me, thank you.
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.3

6 answers

  1. Start
    Execute
    Convert D: /fs:NTFS (D: being the drive to convert)
    14
    1. You're welcome!
      0
  2. Convert your drive to NTFS, otherwise 4GB files won't fit in FAT32.
    3
    1. Hello, there may be hidden files on your drive
      defragment it and try again.
      0
      1. Thank you for responding.
        So I formatted it, so there are no hidden files, and I can't set it to NTFS. I don't know why.
        0
        1. Yeahhhh thanks it works
          0
          1. Problem solved, thank you.
            0