Wampserver apache won't start

Hello,
I installed WAMP on my machine, but the problem is that Apache won't start.
When I test port 80, I get this message:

Your port 80 is actually used by:

Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
The message is displayed in a DOS window titled C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.9-2\php.exe, knowing that the installation folder of WAMP is C:\wamp

Thank you in advance for your help.

20 answers

  1. Hello;

    I solved the problem by disabling the "SQL Reporting Services" service.
    You need to go to run < services then disable it or set it to manual startup.

    In any case, Apache uses port 80; if another program is using it, it won't start.

    To find out which program is using port 80:
    - go to Apache < services < test port 80.
    - it will give you the program that is using that port. You just need to disable it.

    That's it. Hope it helps.
    30
    1. SQL Reporting Services en français, c'est quoi ?
      0
    2. @ManixSQL Server Reporting Services = World Wide Web Publishing Service (I believe)
      0
    3. Thank you, it works.
      0
    4. It worked :D thank you so much...
      0
    5. "Web Deployment Agent Service" on my Windows Vista Home Premium.
      0