Problematic use of dshow// in VLC

Hello, I want to capture 12 hours of digital surveillance video using VLC Media Player
the DirectShow capture device is as follows:
Video: PINNACLE WDM PCTV Video
Audio: Realtek AC97 Audio
Note: when I launch PCTV Vision, I see that the video signal and audio signal are OK, and I have an "old" camcorder that emits on channel "38" of the PINNACLE card tuner
I close PCTV Vision and launch VLC
The problem arises when I start VLC playback before even considering streaming to an AVI file after compression
after a few minutes (1 to 5) I have video freezing but not sound, and the following message:
main warning: late picture skipped (21624)
main warning: late picture skipped (33246)
main warning: late picture skipped (15094)
main warning: late picture skipped (-1609)
main warning: late picture skipped (10157)
main warning: late picture skipped (2527)
main warning: late picture skipped (3657)
main warning: late picture skipped (11348)
with CPU usage below 30%?
is there an appropriate VLC setting that can help me solve my problem?
thank you in advance for your help
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0

2 answers

  1. Aye my cricri, have you seen

    your capture drive is in fat32 or NTFS? NTFS recommended

    have you declared a video and audio compression codec?

    if no success with VLC, I should be able to retrieve video capture software for you in case of activity.
    0
    1. hard drive FAT32

      PINNACLE characteristics

      codec: YV12
      video type
      resolution 320*240
      frame rate 25.000000

      codec: araw
      audio type
      channels: 2
      sampling rate: 44.1kHz
      16bits/sample
      bitrate 1411 kb/s

      do you think, dude, that FAT32 doesn't cut it?
      0