Aoemi backupper

Solved

Hello,

I am on Windows 11. I want to restore a system image using aoemi backupper version 4.0.2.0, but it doesn't work.

I then restart the PC on the aoemi boot disk. I end up on the aoemi menu. But there I have no control, and cannot do anything. The keyboard and mouse are not detected.

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks

8 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    Maybe we should add drivers to the AOMEI Backupper key, to the boot.wim file in the sources folder, with the drivers and commands in a .bat file

    By creating on C:\ a wim folder with a temp folder as well as a drivers folder inside

    Place the boot.wim file in the WIM folder, and the drivers clearly in the drivers folder

    Place the drivers from the PC extracted clearly (In files .inf .cat .sys etc.)

    dism /mount-wim /wimfile:C:\wim\BOOT.WIM /index:1 /mountdir:C:\wim\temp
    dism /image:C:\wim\temp /add-driver /driver:C:\wim\drivers /recurse
    dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:C:\wim\temp /commit

    Important, during the last step the "Unmount-wim), you must restart Windows Explorer, otherwise it will not finalize, by running another .bat file, so also prepare it in advance.

    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe & start explorer.exe

    Then replace the boot.wim file on the key with the modified boot.wim.

    0
    1. Hello,

      Restoring from Windows itself is never a good idea.

      In WinRE mode from the key, it won’t want to hear about proprietary keyboard and mouse drivers and software.

      Perhaps simpler with a standard USB wired keyboard and mouse without dedicated software or drivers?

      0
  2. Thank you for the reply. The keyboard and mouse are wired.

    Do you have another reliable way to create images for free?

    Thank you

    0
    1. I don’t use it because I find it cumbersome (you have to create a whole new image for each modification) and the backups are most often in a proprietary format (you can’t simply recover a corrupted or deleted file), so I just make incremental backups of the data.


      We can try, for example, EaseUS Todo Backup or Clonezilla, which isn’t very user-friendly; I don’t know if Macrium Reflect is still free.

      0
  3. Hello,

    With the Control Panel, System and Security, Backup and Restore, create a system image...

    0
    1. Moderator

      Yes, of course, which I’ve been using for years, O&O DiskImage 19 in Giveaway

      The Giveaway:

      The Setup (En):

      The Manual (En)

      0
      1. Hello.

        I have been using Aomei Backupper for years. I have never had any problems.

        Otherwise, the restore points also work very well.

        However, forget the system image, a remnant of Windows 7.


        0
        1. Contributor

          Hello

          For me it's a version issue, 4.2.0 is old and most likely not compatible with Windows 11.

          The current version should be 8.4.0, to download here:

          0
          1. Hello,

            I tested with version 8.4.0, but creating the boot disk fails with an error:
            0
          2. Contributor
            @t671

            Are you talking about disks? Type CD/DVD?

            Better to try a USB flash drive.

            0
        2. A friend tried with a USB key, it became unusable, and the key is dead.

          Do you know another free software?

          0
          1. Moderator
            Hello again,

            USB drives depend on where and who you buy them from.

            If the drive isn’t reliable, tested with H2testw, the program won’t change that.
            0
          2. Moderator
            @fabul

            Re Hello,

            And:

            Do you know of another free software?

            Yes, Hasleo Backup Suite Free

            0
        3. I finally managed to create a backup key with AOEMI.

          It didn't work because the previous keys were too small.

          Thank you for accompanying me!

          0