Bluetooth Repeater

Hello everyone,

I have a PC and a Bose headset with a USB Bluetooth dongle (Bose USB Link).

The range is quite short, and if I move away from the PC, I lose sound from the microphone or audio.

Is there such a thing as Bluetooth repeaters, similar to WiFi repeaters?

The idea would be to pick up the Bluetooth signal emitted by the dongle and retransmit it to cover a greater distance.

It seems to be a jungle out there with various emitters to plug into a source or receivers to plug into an output. (And devices that do both, but only operate in one mode or the other)

But I haven't found anything clear on a standalone receiver+emitter that doesn't require connecting to anything (other than power, of course).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 answers

  1. Hello

    No, no Bluetooth repeater for this type of equipment.

    But a USB extender (to place between the PC and the dongle) to change the location of the Bluetooth dongle and move it further away and/or higher, why not!!

    See you later


    2
    1. Thanks, plumber.

      I'm quite surprised that it doesn't exist, but it explains why I didn't find anything...

      0
      1. Hello

        No worries.

        You might want to consider replacing your adapter.

        Not all USB Bluetooth adapters are created equal, plus the version of Bluetooth offered: v4.0 (2010), v4.2 (2014), v5.0 (2016), v5.2 (2019), and now v5.4 greatly influences performance, range, and price.

        Check this out: https://wanda-techs.com/pc/les-10-meilleurs-dongles-bluetooth/

        That's just an example!

        Talk to you later

        0
      2. @Super.Mario

        The problem is that it's a specific Bose dongle, designed to manage the features of the headphones.

        There doesn't seem to be an alternative a priori.

        0