Football team management model

Hello,

I need to model a database of my choice and manage it in Access, as part of a university project.

I have chosen to model football team management.

I would like to know if some of you would be kind enough to take a look at my MCD.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day ;)

Magalie.

17 answers

  1. Good evening Magalie,

    I’ve spent a bit of time on your ER diagram (MCD), and even though I don’t know much about football or MCDs, I’d like to offer a few remarks.

    1) Your membership and training relationships resemble an employment relationship between club and player and coach.

    2) I imagine a club owns several teams of different age groups and levels. There can be several coaches. I would propose a new object called team and a relationship entrainer between coach and team, and a membership relationship between team and club.

    3) For matches, I would model them as an object linked to team, referee, and two new objects: competition and stadium.
    - a match would belong to a competition (league, cup, friendly) of a certain level (departmental, regional, national...) with a referee authorization level.
    - a match would take place in a stadium.
    - a match would be officiated by 4 licensed referees.
    - a match would see two teams meet (potentially from the same club).
    - a team would be engaged in competitions.
    - a team would be composed of players (field players or substitutes).

    4) I would also model a relationship arbitrate between referee and match.

    5) I would create a relationship manage (dirige) between a new object manager (dirigeant) and club.

    I’m getting a bit tangled in my italics for objects and relationships. I hope it’s readable.

    For the cardinalities, I’ll leave that to you (:-)

    Kind regards,
    JvDo
    2
    1. Hello JvDo,
      Although this message is a bit old, I hope you will read this reply.
      In fact, I am currently working on an UML design for a sports team (in my case it will be ice hockey, but the principle is the same as soccer).
      And I noticed the relevance of your comments.
      I wanted to know if it would be possible for me to send you my conceptual diagram and for you to give me some feedback.

      Nad
      0
    2. Hello jvDO,
      I would like to know if it's possible to know the name of the software you used to create this MCD and even the download link, thanks in advance.
      0
  2. http://modareb.maktoob.com/ is a site for training teams
    2
    1. JvDo, thank you for the time you devoted to reading my MCD and for the comments you made.

      I have simplified the model and the database of my project based on the assumption that I only manage professional football teams at the highest level (the type of Ligue 1 in France and equivalent level in Europe).

      I think your comments fit the case where you have several teams of different levels within the same club with the creation of the table team.

      Tell me if you agree.
      1
      1. Hello

        Sports manager I would potentially like to review your work

        Please send it to me by email
        Best regards
        1
        1. Yes.
          0
      2. I’m bringing up this topic because I would really need someone to take a look at my project and give me their opinion: s

        Thanks in advance ;)

        Magalie.
        0
        1. yes, I agree to see your ERD (Entity-Relationship Diagram)
          0
          1. Contributor
            put your MCD in image format (jpg or pdf) and upload it, then give the link here, it might be easier if you want others to look at it^^
            --
            And a time for every matter under the heaven ... 
            -1
            1. Sorry about the link, I messed up a bit :s
              -1
              1. Hi Magalie... I would like to have a copy of your modeling. I am not only a big football fan but I am currently working on a university project on marketing modeling....
                So if you could send a copy to my email.... shahista3@gmail.com

                I would be grateful.

                Thank you

                Zeba
                -1
                1. Hi Magalie, I’m a football fan. You’ll be sending your work to me—thanks a lot from me.
                  world_piwi@hot....
                  -1
                  1. Hi Magalie, this is Angys, a Computer Science engineering student, and I’d love to see your MCD. I should mention that I’ve had a similar project recently: computerizing the Africa Cup of Nations, abbreviated CAN. This project can be a bit more challenging than it seems, and for me I’m programming with SQL Server. Thank you.
                    -1
                    1. Here is the translation:

                      "Here is Magalie my email goasp20032002@yahoo.fr"
                      -1
                      1. Hello everyone, I would like to know if you know how to build a football (soccer) team from scratch, knowing that I know nothing at all. I would like to know from A to Z the actions to take, the documents to have, etc. Thanks in advance for giving me a hand. My email address is: audric13@hotmail.fr
                        -1
                        1. hello how are you enchant me this diallo aboubacar i am looking for a football training to train myself i am 15 years old i live in cote d ivoire here is my email roibouba@hotmail.fr here is my phone 00225 46587167 please help me

                          -1
                          1. Hello,

                            If anyone is interested, I’ve achieved a fairly similar modeling in PHP + MySQL so that we can turn it into a website. You will find the specifications here as well as the entire system for download: http://phpcompet.free.fr

                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            PHP Competition System is multilingual, multi-design and fully customizable. It allows you to manage clubs, players, stadiums, referees, championships and cups, the records and information of your favorite sport

                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            If you need a hand, there is a support forum and if needed I am reachable by email...

                            Have a good day
                            @+
                            cadoudal56
                            -2
                            1. Hi, the link doesn’t work anymore, could you please re-upload it?
                              0
                          2. I have a problem: it concerns managing a sports competition using the TDA file
                            -2