Frozen screen 800x600

Solved
Hello and thank you in advance for checking out my problem :p

So here it is, I've just set up a new screen on my PC!
Originally, it's a television screen, but since I've changed my television, I thought I would use the old screen for the PC (because the one for the PC is really small ^^)
So I unplug the old screen, plug in my new screen... everything works perfectly, but the only problem is that the screen resolution is stuck at "800x600 pixels", I can't set it to any other size :s which makes the image quite... "poor"
Does anyone know where the problem might come from? And how to fix it? :) Before, I didn't have any issues with the old screen...
(my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS and the drivers are up to date)
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.7

9 answers

  1. Hello!

    So, it's a screen from the brand "Sonic", but I couldn't tell you the reference :s
    All I know is that it's 20"
    and that in the display properties it is recognized as a "plug and play" screen.
    0
    1. Webmaster
      The thing is, if it's originally a low-definition TV, its resolution is ... 800x600.

      --
      Jeff
      webmaster @ comment ca marche . <net />
      0
    2. @JeffMouarf... I don't know if it's a low-resolution TV or not :s

      But let's assume it is, would it be impossible to change the resolution?
      0
  2. Oh, here it is, while digging through the papers I found the model:

    IISONIC II2010J - 51 cm
    0
    1. Hello
      go to the Nvidia website, that's where you need to look to update your graphics card, and for your screen, you go to touslesdrivers.com.
      0
      1. As I was saying, my graphics card is up to date (Nvidia Geforce 7600GS, Driver installed: V 196.21)
        and none of the drivers offer a driver for the screen

        Plug-and-Play Screen
        Installed drivers:
        Manufacturer: | INF file: monitor.inf | Class: monitor | Version: 5.1.2001.0 | Date: 06/06/2001


        It would bother me to have to replace the old screen, because it's still more pleasant to be on a 20" than on a 17" :(
        0
        1. Webmaster
          A priori you won't be able to go higher. The specifications say 640x480:
          http://www.commentcamarche.net/guide/details/561292-iisonic-ii2010j-v1
          --
          Jeff
          webmaster @ comment ca marche . <<net|com>
          0
          1. ok, well too bad, I will go back to my little 17" :(

            thank you very much :)
            0
            1. Webmaster
              You're welcome, unfortunately, we can't turn a Renault 4L into a Ferrari F40 :-(
              --
              Jeff
              webmaster @ comment ca marche . <net|com>
              0
              1. Webmaster
                What is the model of the screen (brand / reference)?

                --
                Jeff
                webmaster @ comment ca marche . <&net|com>
                -1