Scale Conversion ......

Closed
Hello,

I need to create a model based on a plan that is at 1cm/m. I need to change it to 2cm/m, and I would like to know what scale that corresponds to... I'm a bit lost...
I also need to suggest the floor tiling based on 30/30 tiles. What dimensions should my tiles be then?

Thank you for your help... a struggling design student... LOL.
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

5 answers

  1. Hello,

    In 1 m, we have 100 cm .. right?
    In 1 cm, we have 10 mm .. right?

    So, in the case of 1 cm for 100 cm, (1m), the scale is 1 / 100
    If you are now asked to represent 1 m, which is 100 cm, by 2 cm, the scale will then be 2 / 100, which is equivalent to 1 / 50 ... do you follow .. ?
    In short, this means that for a square room of 4 meters on each side, you convert these meters to cm, which gives you 400 cm, then you divide these 400 cm by 50, since your scale is now 1 / 50. The room will then be represented by an 8 cm square.
    So a tile of 30 cm, divided by 50 = 0.6 cm, and since in 1 cm we have 10 mm, this 0.6 cm becomes 6 mm ...
    Is that okay ??

    Have a nice day..
    --
    Sanspseudo - Francis
    iMac-G5 - 2ghz - 2Go - Mac OS 10.5.7
    207
    1. You're welcome!
      0
    2. Thank you for this very detailed explanation! For me, it was to represent a door of 1.40m at a scale of 1/50, so I converted 1.40m into 140 cm which I divided by 50, and it equals 2.8 cm!
      1
    3. thank you very much
      0
    4. I don't understand anything.
      0
    5. Contributor
      Hello,

      On a table you have a piece of wood (there are two ends to a piece of wood and we should say the two ends of a piece of wood) that measures 1m and on a small piece of paper (generally four corners on a sheet of paper) with a small piece of pencil (two ends, that is, the two ends of a piece of pencil) you make a small drawing of your two ends of a piece of wood and by measuring your two ends of a piece of wood it only measures one cm on the paper, well you've divided by one hundred and your scale ends up being a 1/100 scale and to get the correct size of your two ends of your piece of wood you will need to multiply by 100... :D
      Read this carefully https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-12729116-conversion-echelle#2

      Luke.
      0