HP 1740 LCD Monitor

Solved/Closed
Hello,
I have an LCD screen, HP L 1740. A few seconds after turning it on, my desktop appears for 3 seconds then disappears to show the following message for 1 second

Monitor Status
VGA input: active
DV input: No input Signal
mode: 1024x760x60Hz
recommended Setting: 1280x1024x60Hz.

After that, the screen remains desperately dark. When I turn it off and back on, the same scenario repeats.

Please! What should I do to resolve this issue?
Configuration: Windows 95 Mozilla 1.7.8

7 answers

  1. The solution is: uninstall the graphics drivers and then reinstall them because the display of the graphics card is probably just a screen setting.
    3
    1. Hello, my problem is a little bit different, my screen does not display "monitor status" but flashes while showing my desktop. I first changed the power cable; it worked for half a day, this morning it started flickering again. This time I replaced the video cable, and my screen has been working for about 1 hour and 30 minutes now.
      Thank you for your help please.
      0
  2. This means that your monitor is starting normally, but it is not detecting any signal; check your cables and your graphics card.
    0
    1. Hello, I have the same problem with an HP 1740 screen.
      Please let me know if you've found a solution.
      0
      1. the graphics card delivers a resolution that the screen cannot read
        0
      2. Good evening, I have the same problem, but how can I check the graphics card of a screen when I can't see anything?
        I'm desperate.
        0
    2. On these screens, it's generally the power supply that's at fault; there are capacitors that are swollen
      so we no longer have the correct voltages and it goes into safety mode.
      0
      1. Hello, I have the same problem; it means that on my screen, there is a message indicating that
        Monitor Status
        VGA input: no input signal
        DV input: No input Signal
        mode: 1024x760x60Hz
        So I would like to point out that I have tried the other solutions you proposed, without any success
        Thank you in advance; and I kindly ask you to respond to me.
        0
        1. Hello,

          I just bought one and I found pretty much the same problem as all of you.

          Try this solution and you won't have any issues:

          1- Right-click on the DESKTOP;
          2- Choose Properties > Settings > Advanced > Display;
          3- Go to Monitor Settings and change the Monitor refresh rate to 60 hertz;
          4- Click Apply and then OK.
          1
          1. Merci beaucoup.
            0
        2. Hello,

          I just bought one and I found the same issue as you all, but I managed to solve it.

          Try this solution and you won’t have any problems:

          1- Right-click on the DESKTOP;
          2- Choose Properties > Settings > Advanced > Screen;
          3- Go to Monitor settings and change the Monitor refresh rate to 60 hertz -
          4- Click on Apply and then on OK
          1