Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime and Chrome

Hello

Windows 10

My browser is Chrome (fanatic)

Can I delete Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime?

4 answers

  1. Hello,

    It doesn't work directly in Edge but in a number of native or non-native Windows applications.

    I'm not sure if it can be permanently uninstalled without it coming back in a later update, and anyway, it doesn't offer much of an interest; it's not very heavy and, as far as I know, it doesn't run too much in the background.

    0
    1. Hello Brucine

      Thank you....

      0
      1. Moderator

        Hello,

        There are ways to disable or remove it, but we don't preferably delete Edge itself.

        The topic not being related to security, I am redirecting to Windows 10.

        0
        1. Moderator

          Re Hello,

          If you want to uninstall Widgets, launch Windows PowerShell (Admin)

          And enter this command:

          Get-AppxPackage *WebExperience* | Remove-AppxPackage

          Note: You can start by disabling Widgets by running a .reg file containing this:

          Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

          [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Dsh]
          "IsPrelaunchEnabled"=dword:00000000


          Then there is this .reg file to run as well to disable the pre-launch of Edge itself

          Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

          [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
          "AllowPrelaunch"=dword:00000000


          [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main]
          "AllowPrelaunch"=dword:00000000


          Then disable its Run entry, its services, and scheduled tasks with Autoruns, and Edge comes back in Run at each launch (In the Logon tab)

          https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

          0