French translation

Solved

Hello

I would like the French translation of this song please thank you in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niGLeb3KmIE

Michael Sherman ❤ Half a World


3 answers

  1. Hello,

    Result with Google Translate:

    At the other end of the world, far from home

    I spent all my time

    At the other end of the world, far from home

    They passed a law saying that love is a crime

    I have been away for so long that I am old,

    I had a wife it was true.

    She did not wait, that is what I am told

    And I still have five years to do

    At the other end of the world far from home,

    I longed to be free

    At the other end of the world far from home,

    No one cares about me.

    If I return and she is not there,

    Perhaps I will look for someone new.

    One of those blond-haired girls,

    Thin and young and pretty too.

    At the other end of the world far from home,

    I am dying every day,

    At the other end of the world far from home,

    They took half of my life.

    The rhyme somewhat escapes in the conversion to French but the meaning of the text stays.

    Best regards,


    4
    1. Contributor

      Good evening, great, thank you again—have a good evening

      Friendship MP4

      0
  2. Hello,

    You can also copy the lyrics into Google Translate


    0
    1. Contributor

      Hello, thank you; if I could have done it, I would have done it

      0
    2. @mpuissance4

      ...and what stops you from doing it?

      1
  3. Moderator

    Hello,

    The English lyrics are in the comments of this video (response to Pejman Rahimi's comment)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVJXFuesRcU

    Google's translation isn't great!


    What we conceive clearly states itself, and the words to say it come easily.
    (Boileau)

    0
    1. Contributor

      THIS IS WHY I ASK,

      0
    2. Moderator
      @mpuissance4

      No need to yell!

      I've already obtained the text, without you having to type it. Apparently that's all we can do with the Internet.

      Now we need to find someone with a very high level of English who wants to take it on!

      0
    3. Contributor
      @Pierr10

      yes sorry I hadn't noticed I was in uppercase, thank you

      0