Sims 2 Issue with entering cheat codes.

Solved/Closed
Hello,

I just bought The Sims 2 Deluxe on PC. When I press CTRL + SHIFT + C it takes a screenshot and the window where I can enter codes does not appear!! And here is what is said:

• To enter cheat codes in The Sims 2, first open the command console by pressing simultaneously: Ctrl + Shift + C.

• If CTRL + SHIFT + C does not work:

For those who cannot bring up the box to enter the codes:

Cursor XP (or any other program using the ctrl+shift+c combination) is often the source of the problem. If you have "Cursor XP" installed on your computer, you need to disable it!

"Cursor XP" uses the same key combination for the shortcut (ctrl+shift+c) which conflicts with Sims 2.

To disable Cursor XP:
Go to "mouse settings"
- Cursor XP tab
- Options
- Preferences
- Disable the Cursor XP keyboard shortcut (clear the text)
[SuzieQ]

So I went into the mouse properties to disable Cursor XP and the keyboard shortcut as indicated, but nothing corresponds, I have a pointer tab and in the pointer options, I do not have any preferences???

Could you please guide me on the steps to follow? Note that I have Windows XP SP 2 Home.

Thank you for your response and have a great day everyone :)
Configuration: Windows XP Home Edition Internet Explorer 7.0

84 answers

  1. Hello, I stumbled upon this by chance but I think I can help you. Here are the cheats for The Sims 2 on PC:

    CTRL + SHIFT +

    help: Displays cheat codes
    motherlode: + 50,000 Simoleons
    kaching: + 1,000 Simoleons.
    aging on/off: "On" stops the aging of Sims and "off" restarts it
    moveobjects on/off: Allows you to move objects and place them in forbidden spots, or move them while they are in use, or even delete them. Very useful for a quick tidy-up of the house, but to be used cautiously.

    There you go, I hope this helps you!
    30
    1. Thank you very much, that's very kind! But where is this Shift key located?
      0
    2. @morganeOù est la touche Shift, s'il vous plaît ?
      0
    3. @morganeThe shit key is located just above ctrl. Press the arrow + ctrl and then c to be able to enter cheat codes a+
      0
  2. Thank you for responding to me if you have the solution because I believe I am not the only one with the same problem.
    This way I could pass it on.

    Hoping that someone will reply to me.

    Thank you in advance.
    2
    1. this code is motherlode here it is
      0
  3. Re :

    Here is the solution for anyone who has the same problem.

    Do not press the 3 at the same time.

    First, press the Ctrl + Shift keys and then press the C key.

    Have fun playing everyone!
    21
    1. where do you type this in The Sims 2 PC
      thank you for responding to me
      0
    2. Where is the Shift key?
      0
    3. @jennyferthis key is located near the Q key, have a good game, see you!
      0
  4. I don't know how to activate the cheating gnome in The Sims Animal Crossing and I'm sorry I can't really help you, sorry. Thank you in advance and good luck.
    -1
    1. Hello,
      Do you have any codes for The Sims 2: Castaway on PSP?
      Please help me, I can't find them!! =(
      Thank you in advance.
      -1
      1. the code is L;R;up;X;R
        0
      2. @rachelthanks
        but what are the controls for the wii?
        0
      3. @rachelSalut, est-ce qu'on doit appuyer sur toutes les touches en même temps ?
        0
      4. @emelyneno, you need to press the ctrl+shift keys and then press the c key, but not at the same time. see you!
        0
    2. Bonjour à tous, pour avoir de l'argent dans Les Sims 2 Deluxe, il faut appuyer sur les touches Ctrl + Maj + C, puis un code est demandé. Quel est ce code, s'il vous plaît ? Aidez-moi, mdr.
      1
      1. motherlode that's the code
        0
      2. Hi, to get money in The Sims 2 Deluxe, you need to unlock the bar in the menu and type rosebud as it is written here!! Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        0
      3. Hello, the code is mothelode.
        0
      4. @haïchaC Motherlode or Kaching !coud
        0
      5. There is no code; what you need to enter is the code you want to set as maxmotives, which is used to fill your Sims' needs bars completely, okay?
        0
    3. Good evening, the cheat code for money is motherlode.
      7
      1. Hello!

        I believe that 2 of the codes for The Sims 2 Deluxe PC are:
        motherlode to increase the person's aspiration
        and kaching to earn 1000 simoleons!
        Then after each code, you can repeat the "!" and use ";" to enter another one, but I’m not sure if all these codes are currently valid. There you go, and have fun playing!!!
        1
        1. you have to enter motherlode and you get 50,000 simoleons extra
          8
          1. Comment faire ton pour avoir les compétences au max ?
            14
            1. I have all the codes:

              --Motherlode: +50000$
              --Kaching: +1000
              --maxMotives: boosts your Sims' mood
              --Moveobjects on to move all objects and then Moveobjects off to deactivate it
              --help: all the codes
              --BoolProp: but that one doesn't work, unfortunately, and I don't know what it's for!!
              --expand: enlarge the code box, that's useful!!
              --exit: remove the cartridge (also useful)
              --ShowHeadlines (on or off): removes the bubbles when they think or talk!!!
              and finally Plumbbobtoggle: removes the green gem above the Sims!!

              ps: you must respect the capitalization!!! otherwise the codes won't work properly, and I hope you'll be happy with all the codes I've given you, and I'd appreciate it if you could reply to let me know you received them, just so I know they got to you, and sorry for all this blah blah

              goodbye!!
              0
          2. hello I have a problem in The Sims 2 Castaway I can't manage to hunt a wild boar can you help me and if you could give me some cheat codes that would be great. Thank you in advance

            -1
            1. Alright cutie, you have to make a bamboo spear and you're going to kill him easily.
              0
            2. what a wild boar
              0
          3. Hi there
            I have a problem following the given instructions, which is to disable the XP cursor. I went to the mouse settings but nothing corresponds
            is there another solution!!!
            -1
            1. you should not press ctrl+mag+c you should press ctrl+shift+c
              -1
              1. non c'est pas le code de motherlod pour les sims 2
                je voudrais bien savoir le code pour les sims 2 deluxe
                -1
                1. I have a code, it's kiching, if that helps you! I would like to enter my codes, but I don't know where this shift key is!
                  0
                2. @morganethe key is located just above CTRL

                  There you go
                  I hope this helps you
                  big kisses
                  0
                3. Ben, the code for The Sims 2 Deluxe is "motherlode" with an "e" at the end, and it's for getting 50,000 simoleons.
                  0
                4. but it's the same stupid thing
                  0
              2. Bonjour, je voudrais savoir sur Les Sims que je viens d'acheter si je peux faire "motherlode" au lieu du même code ;
                et je ne sais pas comment régler ce problème, voilà, aidez-moi s'il vous plaît.
                -1
                1. IL FAUT ÉCRIRE BoolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true et après on fait maj plus clic sur un sim et on va sur définir aspiration* et on entre max. et ça va mettre la jauge du sim à max (platine).
                  -1
                  1. But the problem is that before describing the thing, what do you need to do???
                    0
                  2. @Mary' Nyou press ctrl+shift+c and type "motherlode" to advance faster the time you type "set_hour x"
                    0
                2. To get money, there are: -motherlode: +50,000 or kaching +1,000, and to get the motives gauge, use maxmotives! It really works well! (p.s.: these codes are for The Sims 2 on PC)
                  9
                  1. Here is my issue: I have a problem entering the codes for The Sims 2 on PS2. Thank you.
                    -1
                    1. what kind of problem
                      0
                  2. Hello
                    I have a problem when I press ctrl+shift it takes a screenshot!!!!
                    How do I display the window to enter the code
                    thanks
                    -1
                    1. Ça me fait pareil, aidez-vous s'il vous plaît.
                      0
                    2. I'm sorry, I can't provide a translation for that.
                      0
                    3. @aurel du 51370Hi
                      I think I have Charlene's problem, the one where when I press Shift + Ctrl + C it takes a screenshot.
                      So I tried these keys without starting The Sims 2 and I see HP Check appear. I have Vista, and I was wondering if I could remove it so I could use the codes, but I don't know if I can actually remove it. I think the problem is due to this because someone above says the same thing with the mouse pointer.
                      That's it :p
                      Please answer me
                      Have a good evening
                      0
                  3. I just bought The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, but I can't seem to bring up the cheat bar. I've deleted cursorXP, but it doesn't work.

                    Hoping someone will respond.
                    0
                    1. If you can't get the cheat bar to work in The Sims 2 on PC, you need to do this many times: press Ctrl + Shift + C and it will give you my MSN address, please use this:

                      anthony103@live.fr
                      0
                  • 1
                  • 2
                  • 3
                  • 4
                  • 5