Unable to disable UEFI
My problem is as follows: the hard drive of my laptop has died, the laptop in question is an ASPIR es1 732, so I bought an SSD but I have never been able to boot from the USB drive to install Windows 10.
I have disabled Secure Boot in the BIOS, but the "UEFI" option remains grayed out, despite adding a password as mentioned in various tutorials I found on YouTube.
So I installed the SSD in my old laptop and installed Windows 10, then I put it back into the Acer but I get the following message: No bootable device.
I would like to know if there is a way to create a hard drive with Windows 10 and a recovery partition as it was before so that it can boot from it, although I would have preferred to do a clean installation.
Or disable UEFI, but that seems impossible with this BIOS.
I forgot to mention, the hard drive is detected in the BIOS.
I have disabled Secure Boot in the BIOS, but the "UEFI" option remains grayed out, despite adding a password as mentioned in various tutorials I found on YouTube.
So I installed the SSD in my old laptop and installed Windows 10, then I put it back into the Acer but I get the following message: No bootable device.
I would like to know if there is a way to create a hard drive with Windows 10 and a recovery partition as it was before so that it can boot from it, although I would have preferred to do a clean installation.
Or disable UEFI, but that seems impossible with this BIOS.
I forgot to mention, the hard drive is detected in the BIOS.
7 answers
-
ModeratorHello,
Your SSD that contains Windows 10 must be in MBR; you need to convert it to GPT for your UEFI BIOS to be able to boot Windows 10 https://www.malekal.com/convertir-disque-mbr-en-gpt-sans-reinstaller-windows/
bazfile
Moderator/Security Contributor.
A hello, a response, a thank you are always appreciated.