Dénon SA 3350

Can we connect speakers with A/B dual inputs to a single-output amplifier? Thanks in advance. Eric

6 answers

  1. Contributor
    evening

    what are dual-input A/B speakers?

    cia ciao

    --
    it's a good day to live today !
    0
    1. There are speakers with two pairs +/_. Left speaker A +/_ and B+/_; Right speaker A+/_ and B+/_, so 4 wires per speaker. My old amplifier had four outputs for my 2 speakers, but the one I have now has only two: Left speaker +/_ and Right speaker +/_. Would it be possible to parallel A+B on the speakers? Thanks in advance.
      0
      1. Moderator
        Hello,
        Unless I’m mistaken, the amplifier is designed for 8-ohm speakers.
        What is the impedance of your speakers?
        If the impedance is the same value, wiring in series doubles the impedance, wiring in parallel halves it.
        So be careful not to go below 8 ohms.

        0
        1. According to the label on my speakers: high impedance 6 ohm, low 8 ohm. High power 60 W and low 120 W for music.
          Brand Technics SB-EH 590.
          Thanks in advance.
          0
          1. Moderator
            I therefore invite you to perform a series wiring montage
            Output of the amp R+ to the right speaker in A+, A- connected to B+, B- connected to the amp in R-
            Output of the amp L+ to the left speaker in A+, A- connected to B+, B- connected to the amp in L-
            0
        2. Contributor
          Good evening gentlemen

          I couldn't find the 590
          but the 750 is like this


          if that helps

          ciao ciao
          0