Optimization Calculation File

Hello,

I would like to call upon your programming skills because if I rely on my own knowledge, I'm in trouble... :-)

So my request concerns the creation of an Excel file that allows me to calculate the best arrangement of cuts to optimize the scraps from a bar that can have different lengths depending on the cases.

Specifically, I have several "lengths to cut," and these values can vary depending on the situation. I will start with an example with the following values:

- 6890 mm (quantity 23)
- 2330 mm (quantity 6)
- 1550 mm (quantity 4)
- 1428 mm (quantity 4)
- 1500 mm (quantity 6)

With the possibility of changing the number of cut lengths or adding other lines of lengths to cut

I would also like to set a safety margin of -10 or -15 mm (variable data) on the length of the 3000 mm bar.

Thank you very much for your help.

I hope to hear back from you soon, I really do :-)

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello.

    It would be interesting to send your file with as much data as possible.
    This will help us to write the formulas with the correct cell references.
    1) Go to https://www.cjoint.com/ 
    2) Click on [Browse] to select your file (max 15 MB)
    3) Scroll down to click the blue button [Create Cjoint link]
    4) After a few seconds, the second page will appear with the link in bold; right-click on it and select "Copy link"
    5) Go back to your discussion on CCM, and in your message, paste it using "Paste".
    =>See the page https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/29493-utiliser-cjoint-pour-heberger-des-fichiers


    --
    Retirement is great! Especially in the Antilles...
    Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
    0
    1. Contributor
      Hello
      I have a solution on my devices that is close to what you're asking for, but to fully adapt it, I would need to know more about your data.
      I'm attaching a small model as a principle, but the final version is much more important.

      https://mon-partage.fr/f/sZG3tAet/

      I believe the final model could suit you, it manages the lengths of blades, overlengths, scrap, and the stocks resulting from that scrap, as well as the supplies needed for new projects.

      I think it would just need to be adapted to your needs, but I cannot submit it to you as it currently is, for confidentiality reasons. It needs to be adapted to your information.

      Please drop your data either here, or by clicking on my username and "send them a private message" if you prefer.

      (look for the small red envelope at the top right of the page next to your username)
      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best regards

      0
      1. Contributor
        Hello,

        another one who got lost in the maze of the internet...
        One wonders if he's not making fun of everyone after all: https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-33218147-fichier-de-calcul-pour-l-optimisation-de-la-decoupe-d-une-barre
        eric

        --
        By trying continuously, we eventually succeed.
        So the more it fails, the more chances we have of it working. (the Shadoks)
        In addition to saying thank you (yes, yes, it happens!!!), remember to mark it as resolved. Thank you
        0
        1. Thank you, eriiic, for bringing up the message from 2016.
          I’m waiting for the explanation from oual123.
          0
        2. Contributor
          In a year and a half? ;-)
          0
        3. @JvDoHello,
          for your information, I copied your request because it resembles my needs, but I added other criteria, and I wanted to know if there are any newer versions improved compared to the one from 2016.
          Thank you.
          0
        4. Hello,
          I just wanted to tell you that I'm not mocking you, my intention was to update the old request and to find out if there is a new version of the calculation file.
          Thank you.
          0