DLLRegisterserver: error code 0x8002801c

Hello everyone,

I have Windows 10, 64-bits. I tried to install a software, but I couldn't do anything, it immediately showed me "Component 'comdlg.32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". So of course I did some research.
In System32 and SysWOW64, I do have 'comdlg32.dll' but I don't have 'comdlg32.ocx'. So I downloaded it, did all the necessary steps. I first placed it in System32, then in cmd I typed "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX" and it tells me that it's not good (see below), then I did the same in System, same error, then in SysWOW64 same error. I don't understand, it works for everyone in the forums...
The error in question shows me: "The module "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx" was loaded, but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

Do you know how to solve this problem please? Thank you very much.
Best regards.

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hi,

    Which software?
    It must not be compatible with Windows 10.

    --
    Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
    0
    1. Hello, thank you for responding so quickly!

      This is software for converting files from one extension to several others. It's a shame if it isn't compatible with Windows 10...
      I know someone with Windows 8.1 who is willing to try it, I will give it a go at the end of the week to see if it works on their computer and I'll provide an update here!

      Best regards.
      0