OneNote and Printer

OneNote automatically resets to the default printer even after I've removed it from the printer list; it keeps coming back. How can I get rid of this issue that forces me to go through print, modify instead of using the print icon directly?
Thank you for your help.

1 answer

  1. Hello LAURENTJAURES,

    have you set another printer as default?
    If you have Windows 10, have you disabled the option "Let Windows manage my default printer"?

    --
    C-Claire
    5
    1. Thank you for the response
      Yes, my default printer that resets every time is an HP... which prints...
      I am using Windows 7.
      0
    2. @LAURENTJAURESLAURENTJAURES,

      OneNote is part of the Office suite (2007, 2010,…).
      To completely uninstall it:
      - "Control Panel" in Windows | "Programs" | "Programs and Features"
      - in the list of installed software, click on "Microsoft Office xxxx" (xxx = your version of Office)
      - click the [Change] button at the top of the dialog box
      - "Add or Remove Features"
      - in the list "Microsoft OneNote", choose "Not Available".
      After modifying the installation, you may need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

      I don't like that you're uninstalling OneNote and I’m still surprised that your HP printer isn't staying set as default.

      C-Claire
      0
    3. @C-ClaireThank you Claire,
      This also happens on the laptop running Windows 8 and the same printer. I will try your method on one of the two first.
      If OneNote is uninstalled, that doesn't bother me.
      Thanks again.
      0