Suppression du dossier "Fichiers Communs"

Hello,

I deleted a large part of the "Common Files" folder, so some software is no longer responding (iTunes, Word, etc.)
I have already tried to restore my laptop to an earlier date but to no avail!
Do you have a solution for me? :)

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7.

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    Why did you do this thing... uh... weird??? I understand not everyone speaks English, but between "common files" and "fichiers communs"...

    The only solution is a system restore. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to insert the Windows CD and repair the installation, then reinstall all the programs that are having issues.

    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...
    0
    1. I thought this file was created after the installation of a game..
      I didn't find a Windows CD in the box of my computer, is there always one?

      Otherwise, could formatting my hard drive and then reinstalling all the programs be a solution?
      0
    2. Hello,
      Always try this:
      Right-click on the Commons files folder, Properties, Previous Versions, see if a date before your deletion is offered.
      0
    3. Contributor
      I thought this file was created after the installation of a game.. 

      Sorry to hit the nail on the head, but even in that case: why did you press the "Del" key? In real life, when you don't understand a document (for example, a tax form), do you throw it away too? Anyway, let's close this parenthesis.

      I didn't find a Windows CD in the box of my computer, is there always one? 

      If you bought your PC new with Windows, you either have a CD or a hidden partition on your disk that allows you to do a factory reset. And you automatically have the code that goes with it.

      Otherwise, could formatting my hard drive and then reinstalling all the programs be a solution?

      Yes, but if you have the CD, you can do the same thing... without deleting everything.
      0
    4. Yes, I am at fault, I know it very well :/

      So, is the best option to perform a factory reset? Rather than formatting my hard drive?
      0
    5. Contributor
      Look at the options offered by the factory reset. If you have a "repair" option, try that first ^^
      0
  2. Contributor
    Hello,

    you can restore the factory settings by pressing ALT F10 at startup. It will be in the state it was in when you bought it. Be aware that all your personal files and documents will be lost.

    PC manufacturers no longer provide Windows CD/DVDs upon purchase; you need to create them yourself.

    Best regards

    --
    "The little I know, I owe to my ignorance" (Sacha Guitry)
    No responses after 5-6 PM, thank you for your understanding :)
    0
    1. Hello,
      I'll do that then!
      Anyway, thank you for your help!
      0
  3. There are software programs that have a "virtual" sync like iCloud/iTunes, you may not have lost everything?
    0
    1. Yes, there was iTunes, but it won't start anymore! And it's just that I can no longer launch some programs..
      0