Indesign: vectorizing text with bullets

Solved
Hello,

I'm vectorizing my text blocks for the printer but the bullet points disappear during the vectorization process.

I've tried using other standard fonts, and the result is the same. How can I keep or vectorize a bullet point?

Thank you.

Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 22.0.1229.94

3 answers

  1. Hello,

    It doesn't work if you've applied "Bullet List." The bullet in list format cannot be vectorized.

    To vectorize the bullets, you first need to convert the bullets to text by selecting the relevant paragraphs.

    Then it works:

    https://www.cjoint.com/?BJBqf1kC3yy

    https://www.cjoint.com/?BJBqgrgwzYR

    But, a quick question: why vectorize your text? Aren't you delivering a PDF to your printer?
    4
    1. I vectorize to avoid getting feedback from the printer saying they don't have the font in question.

      I believe we can embed fonts in a PDF, but how do we do that?
      0
  2. The conversion of bullet points > text works well for me, thank you!

    However, be careful, the bullet points once converted take on the original style of what follows. So for a style that has undergone a slight modification, it disappears.
    Forced line breaks also disappear, strangely...
    Make sure to check this BEFORE vectorizing!
    0
    1. Hello,

      thank you very much for this tip, it works perfectly ;)

      --
      0